Will 8-8 get QuinnTricia another year?

Quinn in year three took the team from 9 wins to 6. Quinn in year 4 took the team from 6 wins to 3. Quinn is still here for year 5. The Ford family is shit and have the lowest expectations of winning of any owner in sports history. Expect them back.

1 Like

Martha is not WCF. If they go 8-8, they’re gone IMHO. She ain’t getting any younger, and neither am I. I cannot see firing Caldwell for going 9-7 and keeping these guys at 8-8 or worse.

That said, I do see them going 9-7 or better, provided Stafford plays all 16. Although I do think Chase Daniels is a fairly decent backup QB, depends I guess on how many games Stafford; if it’s another half-year, then they better start looking for the next guy. Hate to say it.

depends how they look in those 8 wins and especially how they look in those 8 losses. If all are by 1 point it would matter if they were in them from start to finish or had to come from behind by a lot.

Say Prater misses 2 game winning kicks (not crazy distance) as time expires. Should have been 10-6. Really need to see how it happens. If we win all 6 divisional games that would say something too! If the refs steel 2 games it makes things tough too! Screw GB.

Would Quinn be willing to throw MP under the bus? He spent a lot to improve an already good offense. If the offense plays well and the defense does not, would he try to sell a new head coach citing good offensive production under Bevell but poor defensive play under MP?

To me, Quinn’s ability to distance himself from Patricia evaporated when the head coach was kept for 2021. Their fates are intrinsically linked now, at least to me.

I bet they’re back if they go 8-8, 75% chance. I think the Lions biggest issue over the years isn’t any one coach or GM, it’s the lack of a philosophy for building a team from ownership. In my lifetime, they’ve gone from a run n shoot, to powerball (Bobby Ross), to west coast, to throw it all over the lot and now the running game. I won’t even go into the changes on D, yet. The Steelers don’t do that crap, because it isn’t about how you’re doing it, it is about how well you are doing what you do. Try changing your career every 3 or 4 years and see if you can become great at any of them. I’m guessing this year it’s 6 or 7 wins and goodbye, followed by a hello to a new GM and coach that wants a very mobile QB and a large 4 man front on D with small quick LBs and mostly zone in D backfield…and the Lions will try to build a new roster and become a winner before they are fired in 3 years. It’s like watching a cat chase its tail. I’m really hoping the Lions win a damn playoff game this year so I don’t have to witness this organization chase its tail.

I think 5-11 would get them back. The Fords will not want to fire them because they will still have 2 years each left on their contracts. They will throw out the coronavirus as the reason the team sucked.
6-10 is a lock for them to return.

1 Like

Martha didn’t rush down and fire them after we won 3 %$##@ games, what makes you think she’s going to fire them IF we go 8-8??

1 Like

If they go 8-8, the Fords will probably extend them.

1 Like