Will Barnes be Active on Gameday?

lol, oh man…all we are doing is lightly having a small discussion about Barnes, nobody said he walks on water.
At this point I don’t know how long he will remain a Lion if the FO keeps treating him like a Red-headed stepchild that it doesn’t matter if he is here or not. this is why I suggested they give him a fair shot in games we are more likely to win and sideline him during more crucial opponents…unless there is some kind of injury…that’s it and that’s all. the man isn’t close to earning the title of “good”…BUT/YET, he could do that…

Lions would have to waive Barnes, then have him clear waivers without any other team claiming him… before he could be signed as a Practice Squad player. That isn’t going to happen any time soon.

There are 8 inactive players on the roster each week.

If there aren’t 8 injured players (not counting guys on IR)… the. several healthy players get “scratched” every week.

Demetrius Taylor is young and showed promise all preseason… but none of us fans here on this forum are promoting conspiracy theories about him being inactive for first few games.

Barnes had a chance to win the job… but the reports were consistent from mini camps, then all of training camp, preseason games, and then against Philly in week 1… he isn’t making the right decisions consistently enough to earn a starting job.
And… at inside LB… most teams don’t rotate players. The starters play most snaps. This is normal.

6 Likes

The best part about that video is the numbskull next to Bait Arm Guy…he sees Jaws munch BOTH this guy’s arms…

And he just keeps his arm hovering over the water as he watches the massacre …

1 Like

looks like a redneck monkey trap….

Linebackers coach Kelvin Sheppard said Thursday he’s seen Barnes rise to the challenge over the last week or so. “Derrick Barnes is coming,” Sheppard said. "And that’s a real thing. That player is a very explosive, very violent, very strong linebacker. Aug 26, 2022

The most recent reports about Derrick out of training camp were positive, so why are you mis-leading people? This article about Sheppard talking about Barnes came 2 days before the final pre-season game. In that final pre-season game Barnes had 3 tackles 1 assist and 1 tackle for loss so he didn’t fall out of grace over that game, contrarily Anzalone and Rodrigo both had 1 tackle 1 assist. so you expect everyone to believe he fell out of grace over 1 regular season game, I’m not buying.

Say your theory is true Barnes fell out of grace over 1 game, Hutch had a bad game not to mention Anzalone, (along with a costly roughing penalty), neither of which lost 1 single snap the next week. The only mental errors and indecisiveness that Barnes have are the ones created by you and the people in the media. I have watched his every play and I don’t see it, I see mistakes that every player on the team made last week, but he was not lost on any play,. Phili is a Super Bowl caliber team that will make a lot of players look bad at times they beat the vikings 24-7 and Hurts had another stellar performance with 27.00 fantasy points 333 yds passing with 1 TD pass, 57 yards rushing with 2 rushing TDs.

No one player should be benched are punished for that lost, again I am not buying what you are selling, you would have to be very gullible to believe that, I never said there was a conspiracy, but I do believe something is going on behind the scenes unrelated to Barnes’ playing up to this point. It is way to early to decide he must be benched, there is nothing that I HAVE SEEN to support such an action in fact it does not exist.

In the thread PFF young defenders, I posted every play Barnes was in on in the Phili game, he was involved in 6 significant plays, none of which would qualify him to be benched. My theory truly has merit, because even if you believe he deserves to be benched, he was not even in for mop up duty, that is a statement, a punishment, the question is why???

How about we look at what Shep said after “Barnes is coming”…

key words….
“that comes with time”……

6 Likes

That depth chart is developed by someone in the front office. Campbell/Glenn/Sheppard don’t tell them who to put where.

That depth chart may be correct, but it’s not necessarily.

Barnes will not be waived and he will be on the team next year and will once again get a chance to win a starting spot.

8 Likes

I doubt anyone has it out for Barnes. I think you accuse the Lions staff of bias… well, because you biased. I sincerely believe that MCDC & Co, are more knowledgeable and qualified to make a decision regarding Barnes than any of us are. If Barnes gave the Lions the best chance to win, Barnes would be out there playing. Since Barnes isn’t, or at least not much, the most likely scenario is that he’s still working to earn the staff’ trust.

6 Likes

No, the most likely scenario is "teacher’s pet” Anzalone.

When you learn to develop opinions not based on bias, your life will take a turn for the better. I hope it happens for you soon.

5 Likes

Went back and watch the 1st half again, focusing on the LB play AA played well, starting LB well. He showed more in the 1st half then Barnes has in a year and 2 games. If DC started Barnes ahead of AA at this point he would lose the locker room fast

6 Likes

Barnes is taking more time to develop then we would all like. Derrick has NFL talent. He just isn’t ready right now. He isn’t better today than Rodrigo, Board or Alex A. It is that simple.

Derrick is worthy of his roster spot but he is a depth player now. He is getting the time to develop that Jarrod Davis needed but never got. Some guys need time and I am cool with that.

3 Likes

strong text[quote=“OneLegLionsFan, post:31, topic:17408, full:true”]
Went back and watch the 1st half again, focusing on the LB play AA played well, starting LB well. He showed more in the 1st half then Barnes has in a year and 2 games. If DC started Barnes ahead of AA at this point he would lose the locker room fast
[/quote]p

Linebackers

Derrick Barnes was really impressive on limited snaps. He recorded nine tackles, one red-zone pass breakup and a 90.0-plus PFF grade on just 33 defensive snaps. Alex Anzalone and Jalen Reeves-Maybin, on the other hand, both earned sub-50.0 PFF grades on first review. Reeves-Maybin was in one-on-one coverage against Evans
when he scored the deep touchdown.

THEM LIES, NEED I SAY MORE

No need for you to tell lies based on either your bias, or your generally elevated state of hubris. FYI… they feed off each other, and both blind you to reality.

4 Likes

Key words RINGING ENDORSEMENT, (in the title of the article). I was taught that the title of an article gives the reader an accurate description of it’s content. I guess some people just ignore titles and make up there own meanings to what they read.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

6 Likes

You are making-up so many stories in your head.
Do you think anyone else on this board really believes the BS and stories you are creating?
It’s simple, Barnes is struggling…f-ing get over it already.

Seriously, you have become the most ridiculous poster on this board.

Drama Queen Pain GIF by RainToMe

7 Likes

Welcome to the interwebs….

Ocean Clicking GIF

4 Likes

Lol cap you are absolutely hilarious pulling up a paragraph on a game from last year. Really Jalen Reves Mabin? Thats the best you can do?.I am done with this convo unless you can actually quote people from this year and this years games

5 Likes

This explains a lot! You just read the title, right? Should we apply the same level of credibility to your play breakdowns? The best advice I probably ever got in life… take it for what it’s worth…. “When you find yourself in a hole, it’s best to quit digging.”
kid fml GIF

6 Likes