Will Hunter Bryant be an asset?

Like most receiving TE’s he will line up mostly in the slot.

Which is what the Lions did with him mostly last year. He’s basically a big slot guy.

He will split time in the slot with TJ, Cephus, and Raymond.

Raymond is only 5’9” and 160lbs so the Lions will cycle him out in goal line and short yardage situations in favor of TJ, Cephus or Hunter.

He’s a role player type in my opinion.

1 Like

Think of Bryant as a slot receiving option, just like Theo Riddick as a 3rd down back. The nfl is all about having defined roles built around player’s strengths. MC/DC has stated this several times in his pressers. Bryant could be a weapon with a refined and structured roll. He’s only ever going to be a part time player due to his inability to block and that’s ok with Hock and Hill as our main 2 TE’s, they will see the majority of the snaps.

I kinda doubt a slot receiving TE that can’t/doesn’t block is worth a roster spot then, especially one that can’t stay healthy. If you’re nothing more than a one-trick pony then you better be really good at it and you better be available every Sunday. HB is neither of those things.

I’d rather have a guy like Cabinda then, who blocks and can also catch the ball once in awhile.

Why not both?

Hunter Bryant is Jordan Reed like. If healthy that really helps an offense.

Reminds me of Joe Fauria.
But hopefully isn’t a one-year wonder like he was.

Hunter Bryant owns one hamster and no dogs, so there’s that difference.