Will Rodgers Return to Packers?

I was wondering what your take is on this, fellas…

Do you think they’ve repaired that relationship enough to get him back in a Packer uniform next year?
If so, I feel like he looks healthy enough to play for a looooong time, still. That TD against the Bears he still looks damn healthy and has really good wheels, still.

What do you think?

I think he’s done in GB. Will be interesting to see where he goes. Instantly makes about any team a SB contender.

1 Like

I was thinking Denver. Someone else mentioned Steelers. Either of those would be super-interesting, IMO.

2 Likes

I pray he goes to the AFC

4 Likes

I am pretty sure we can see him in a Lions uniform as long we sign Randall Cobb in the offseason.

I know that would make many of you throw up in your mouth a bit, but I have always been more of a hate the uniform, not the player kind of guy.
Green Bay Packers Football GIF by State Farm

1 Like

Will Rogers was a great cowboy!

4 Likes

I think everything depends on their playoff success this year. If they get to the SB or win it, I can see him staying. If not, I would expect him to depart.

It won’t be from a lack of trying on GB’s part. Their FA signings - Cobb, Smith, Mercilus, they would have never done this in the past.

1 Like

He’s done in GB. He’s going elsewhere next year, west of the Mississippi.

He’s watched all the accolades that Brady and now Stafford have gotten when switching teams. He wants that for himself. The savior coming to lift a franchise to the Super Bowl.

2 Likes

yea I like denver as well. make that division pretty damn tough.

Yes!!!

Instant winner in Detroit, if that happened.
Guaranteed.
you’re right, I’d be a hot mess, emotionally. LOL
Would challenge my identity on every level.
One of the coolest parts of that would be watching Packer fans respond to it. LOL.

I love this, as I don’t expect them to sniff the SB. Too much of a gauntlet in the playoffs, this year.

Word. :wink:
I like it, and I hope you are right! Leaving with no return value for GB. No trade, no picks, no players…just loss…followed by more and more and more losses.

2 Likes

Denver’s Gotta use J-Will more, from what I can see. I watched them lose a game they would otherwise have won, IMO. Rodgers would make everything look better out there (except for his face sticking out of that helmet)

You also have to wonder if he is pissed he didn’t get to at least try to make his way to the Rams. That talent. More than close enough to where they film Jeopardy to make that work. All there for him.

Stafford lands the Rams job. Stafford over him. He apparently didn’t even get a sniff because of the GB management.

He gone.

I thought Denver was a lock before… but now that Raiders and Chargers look tough… plus KC… and Rodgers might not be as eager to try his luck there.

I know he has a massive ego… but the NFC North is about as easy as it gets for him right now.

Woooord. I hope so.

Lots of truth in all of this, as well. Love how different everyone’s angels are on this stuff, and appreciate your perspective.

If he wins a SB, he is 100% back with the Packers. No question at all imo. Luckily, there’s slim to no chance of that.

He’s done, even if they win the Super Bowl. Given their cap situation, they’d be hard pressed to keep Rodgers and field a team next year that can compete. It’s time for them to move on. It’s a one year plan for the Packers, do or die, all or nothing.

It’s time for them to reboot.

2 Likes

He can’t leave. We have to have our moment where we take down Aaron Rodgers. There has to be that Celtics—>Pistons moment right? I can dream anyway.

1 Like

Great point. I didn’t take that into consideration.

Yeeeessss!!!

Yup- definitely a side of me thinks like that too, man!

so who is the next hall of fame qb they’re going to have? how lucky of a franchise are they good lord. reminds me of the niners with montana then young.

remember when green bay was a doormat? like severely? when they’d play division mate tampa bay and chris berman would call the game the ‘bay of pigs’ game? I miss those days.

3 Likes