With Chark gone, do Lions sign OBJ?

A veteran presence with younger receivers?

Hmmmmm …

2 Likes

I wouldn’t generally be calling for it but I think we need a veteran presence in that room. We are as young as our DBs were prior to this off season.

And CJGJ put it really well the impact of veteran (with winning experience) to a young group.

1 Like

It’s an interesting thought, but I fully expect he’s already heading to the Jets with Rodgers.

3 Likes

Damn, that actually could be the right call, I mean REALLY the right call.

3 Likes

I’d go after Hopkins before OBJ. And I wouldn’t go after Hopkins.

10 Likes

Not sure I want OBJ influencing Jamo. If we need a veteran for veterans sake, grab Marvin Jones.

8 Likes

Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

3 Likes

He’s at that point in his career where he is a possible 2, but more likely a third option—and I’ll bet he knows it.

I hope Holmes is considering it. Guys in locker room swear by him.

2 Likes

OBJ’s reputation has been marred by the media. His teammates swear by him.

3 Likes

The only thing is if we sign a bet like OBJ we would likely keep 6 receivers. I imagine Holmes will take one to develop

2 Likes

Not now. November perhaps.

I like OBJ, but I want to see who we draft before we think of inkling this guy.

2 Likes

I don’t know. A receiver room of …

• Jamo
  • ARSB
  • Odell Beckham Jr.
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Kalif Raymond
  • Misc.

Sounds pretty good to me.

4 Likes

I don’t see it. He wants money that the FO isn’t going to spend. They can just draft a guy.

5 Likes

I’m in for a couple of reasons. First, he wouldn’t get over paid. Second, he has fun out there, and we are going to be/have been a fun team lately. Chain mover and red zone threat, tell these boys stories about what it’s like to wear a ring.

1 Like

I know it wasn’t popular around here. But Robert Woods was the guy to sign. He’s a great leader and it could have been good for Jamo.

Brown in the slot.
Jamo the speed X reciever.
Woods the do it all guy.

Now go get Hopkins! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Me too!

I’m just thinking about the totality of our roster make up. Seems we have overflow at CB, Safety and D-Line. I also anticipate some additions to the O-line. AND we’re likely to keep 3 QBs this year as opposed to 2.

I guess it’s a good problem to have tho.

Amon-Ra is our veteran already.

3 Likes

Man was waiting for an all in contract last season, didn’t get one. Here he’s a guy that isn’t expected to do more than contribute. Here, no one expects him to carry the team, just contribute when you’re called upon. It’s a yes or a no, if he turns us down he essentially is turning down every team in the NFL.

1 Like

Hopkins would be badass, but Hopkins is a target hog who complains when he doesn’t get targets, so do we really need that?

That’s not a great mentor for Jamo.

Lions get #3 and Hopkins and Cardinals get #6,#18

1 Like