World has gone crazy

And you assume…

It like saying trump told the captain of the naval ships it was ok to disregard his mission and protocol and send the letter Of concern to everything …

I’ll wait and see who actually made the order and if the prez actually had situational awareness and even then did they brief him correctly?!

We may never truly know… well, you seem to feel you do… we Really need to wait and not assume…

Didn’t say I was OK with it. The story itself is important enough to be shared, thank you for sharing. That said, it stands on its own without sensationalizing it. Your perspective is a nice touch, I’m just not into the whole “kidnapping” bit that followed. I shared the NPR story (left-leaning in their reporting) for added details. No, this isn’t black ops, mysterious, conspiracy stuff, this is US Marshals and Border Patrol operating on intel to apprehend vandals or those that are manipulating others to vandalize. That’s quite heavy handed, IMO.

Good to know that “he who shall not be named” is also a metalurgical expert, LOL.

Here we have jet fuel in a confined space (say a furnace environment), stoked by inrushing air, and you think that iron supports under stress from a load would not be weakened to the point of failure? Comical at best. Iron melts around 2500F, so it’s not hard to belieive that temperatures on the floor where those planes struck reached pretty high temps.

This conspiracy theory is among the worst out there.

4 Likes

Last night a group of moms linked arms and were peacefully protesting. They called themselves ‘the wall of moms’

The federal agents came out and fired munitions and tear gas at them

1 Like

He who shall not be named

Hilarious

2 Likes

I’d say it’s more than heavy handed. How many times in history has the US sent paramilitary troops against its own citizens. Neither the governor, nor mayor want them here and they are making things worse, not better.

They claim they have authority under the patriot act passed after 911 by that feckless congress, too afraid to be labeled unpatriotic to oppose those sweeping erosions of liberty, or our entrance into a misled and disastrous war

This is what many were afraid of when the patriot act was jammed through Congress. Not necessarily what Cheney and Bush were scheming up. But how these new powers would be used by a future fascist-minded presidents who has little to no regard for human and personal rights.

And I’m not just talking about our current president. Though he is carving a wide path for someone more dangerous with worse intentions

3 Likes

He’s carved a wide path with repeated abuses of his office, this is just one of them.

3 Likes

With you 100% on all that. The Tea Party’s origins (growth anyway) were partly due to resistance against the DHS.

It is a very interesting place we find ourselves. The hands-off approach of local government is not without blame. They’re derelict to a certain degree.

Then there’s the very real likelihood that there are people involved that could *rightly be called domestic terrorists or treasonous.

Then there’s the reaction to the above by the Fed. I’m not content with any of it, to be honest. It’s a crapshow from the top to the bottom.

1 Like

Is there video of that?

https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1284716590303375361

1 Like

Portland Antifa has been violent and destructive for months. Anyone calling their actions peaceful is either uninformed or dishonest.

4 Likes

All depends who reports it and spins it the way they want. Sure this isn’t one of them?

It took a long time for my liberal friends to disavow violence, and therefore Antifa. Why is something of a question, as the greatest gains that have been made in the name of civil rights or ending the Viet Nam war, etc, were made with peaceful protests. Once you buy into violence you have lost, period.

1 Like

I actually lived in a dorm at Cliff St. in the fall of 2001. I was one of two NYU dormitories in the financial district. The University didn’t really have a good plan in place for a 9-11 like event so our GA had us evacuate the building. Out of curiosity we went towards the crowd gathered around the buildings. Probably three blocks away. After a few minutes my roommate and I started to hear what in our novice opinions were sounds of the steel failing. It almost sounded like robotic screams/screeches that one of the Transformers in a Michael Bay movie. Really weird sound. Hadn’t herd it before haven’t heard it since. We decided to head back to our dorm and had stepped no more than ten feet into the lobby when the first tower went down. Pretty confident the towers went down solely from their damages inflicted by the jets.

1 Like

Don’t you think the folks that actually live in Portland might have a better idea of what’s truly going on?

1 Like

The idea that Antifa is some exceptionally dangerous terrorist group is just spin. It’s a disorganized ideally based loose association. Some people who latch onto the movement are of course unsavory. It happens. But the attempt to portray them as FARC or the Weather Underground or whatever is simply not based in reality. It’s merely an attempt to manufacture a narrative for the sake of political expediency. And it’s not going to work.

…Except I live here and have two businesses here. Andy Ngo isn’t the most honest of journalists

2 Likes

“Antifa” is kind of a joke and mostly a keyword The conservative echo chamber uses to trigger eachother.

The best it is, is a concept and collection of a few Facebook pages. There’s no Antifa leadership, no orginization, no fundraising mechanism. If you go out to the protests here asking ‘who is antifa’ you will probably mostly get laughed at

A few weeks ago there was this weird rumor in the right wing circles that busloads of Antifa we’re going to drive into these rural towns in Oregon armed with weapons to ‘destroy our way of life’

Dozens of red necks actually gathered with guns to confront the non-existent threat. And all they did was terrorize this poor family who wanted to camp in their RV

1 Like

Exactly. I live down the road in Eugene. While the Antifa prescience is not what it is in PDX I run into it all the time. Have I felt that some of “those types” are misguided? Yep. Do I think they may contribute to higher degrees of property crime? To some extent I certainly do. But never once have I felt in danger while being in their presence.

ntifa political activists engage in protest tactics such as digital activism and militancy[8][12] against fascists and racists such as neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other far-right extremists whom they seek to combat.[13] This may sometimes involve property damage, physical violence and harassment against those whom they identify as belonging to the far-right.

So, this is from Wiki, and they do on occasion promote violence. No disagreement that they aren’t the organized movement they have been portrayed as, but it is what it is.

Yes. But it’s more get in a fight with skinheads at a hard core punk show rather than blow up a federal building with a truck bomb. You know, like the real domestic terrier is threat on the other extreme of the spectrum.