Worries with Jalen Carter

Like damn man, too much talent but work ethic is a issue… I’m sadly out on him at 6… Adetomiwa Adebawore at 18 is the way for me

5 Likes

He has work ethic problems because he doesn’t want to run 40 yards out of a track stance in his underwear and do other timed runs with some cones?

Or is it because of something else?

I’m not saying he doesn’t have “work ethic issues” but citing him not testing is a bad way of defending that point.

4 Likes

It is like he is trying to drop…

Wonder if the Falcons want to move up a couple of spots IF Anderson doesn’t fall to us.

1 Like

LIke Roman Harper is saying. Yes Carter is getting tired but coaches are checking to see do you keep pushing, are you taking coaching. The pro day is design to push you. I’d still take him at 6. They said the same thing about Chris Jones

6 Likes

I mean if you watched how gassed he was vs Ohio State and what he said about running sprints in the morning to increase his endurance for a week lol those are things u improve during the off-season, like those are :triangular_flag_on_post: to me… you can’t be having endurance problems or get picked 6 overall and play 40% of the snaps. As much as I love his talent and I want him cause he’s exactly what we need, he worries me big time… going up 10 pounds in a month after the combine with millions on the table and draft around the corner, like dumb shit after dumb shit…

6 Likes

I’m still high on Jalen Carter he’s exactly what we need, I think I’m just frustrated with the weight and was quick with the post lol I’ll low key still be super hyped if we get him cause Brad Holmes would have have did all the investigating he needed to and believes in him

2 Likes

Besides, I think we have a solid nucleus for Carter to be successful. I like our new Dline coach I like Buggs being his mentor. I like Hutch being similar in age. I believe once all the legal stuff is behind, the guy will thrive

2 Likes

Based on tape Adetomiwa is not a top 20 pick. Great athletic numbers, but he is not a consistent playmaker!

2 Likes

:100: agree with you

I agree somewhat but you have to ask did Northwestern put this guy in position to be successful? I suspect not.

6 Likes
1 Like

I wonder if the kid is freaking out about getting indicted, and skipping workouts and stress eating. Seriously–it can happen. Dude is under an enormous amount of scrutiny and pressure, and not just the “this is the most important job interview of your life” kind, although that too, but also “you might be going to prison.”

From our perspective, doesn’t really matter, still tough to see how you take him at 6.

7 Likes

Based on the fact that he can’t play EDGE in the NFL where he racked up all his college numbers and his tape when he does reduce inside sort of sucks, and he isn’t a top 60 pick IMHO. Kancey is the superior DT prospect by a country mile.

3 Likes

Why am I starting to get a Nick Fairley vibe…

6 Likes

How do you gain 10 pounds in a couple weeks? Legit wondering. Especially if you are working out all the time. Like… that feels hard to accomplish.

2 Likes

Odd that I never drew that comparison myself. Makes sense though. Rarely have I ever seen a DT take over a game the way Fairley did in the NC game, same with Carter taking over the SEC championship against LSU.

I think Wilson is the Lions guy at 6

2 Likes

I’m thinking that might be the Lions best non-CB option.

The FA moves give the Lions a lot of flexibility in who they take in Round 1.

1 Like

I think Seattle like Wilson as well

Major red flags

2 Likes