Worries with Jalen Carter

If Gaining 9 pounds in 14 days while simultaneously looking winded and slow AF isn’t a red flag - what would have been? Like actual serious question… is that a good thing? Do you think he looked ok? If so, is there anything he could have done today to hurt his stock in your eyes?

I weigh 265 so I’m only 40 pounds off from this guy - I’m a large human being - and gaining 9 pounds in 14 days while being totally gassed on even basic drills is a major red flag. At least it would be for me.

Combine this with the other stuff - just can’t see an NFL GM risking it with this kid in the top 10. Again, I wouldn’t.

2 Likes

As I said Tyree is a great kid but we have 7 guys [quote=“jthom19802, post:114, topic:22152, full:true”]

Can’t have too many. And listening to Wilson he has always sounded like a MCDC guy. Just at the combine alone he must have said “you still have to put in the work” at least four times in an 11 minute interview. But also talked about watching a lot of film and being okay with the critiques to help his game grow.

Two weeks later Carter shows up like this and Wilson said (at combine) “Start working out for my pro day and then keep working for a private workout as I head into the draft.” …and Carter isn’t even rehabbing like this kid is stuck doing.

Also said he’s ahead of schedule according to his doctors who are smarter than him and the best at what they do.

Smart, loves the game, knowledgeable about the game, well-spoken, respectful, and wants to kill people.

Sounds like Dan all day long.
[/quote]

As I said Tyree is a great kid and certainly a culture fit but we have 7 guys at that spot looking for snaps and they are hardly chopped liver. I think Skoronski is the better football player and also a culture fit at a position of need RG. Draft a RG at 6 overall? Another one is QB Levis. If we stay at 6 I have no idea what we do. We always want a trade down but we know it never happens. I don’t even see another player worth reaching for. Another CB?

I would challenge everyone in this thread to weigh themselves first thing Tuesday morning and then again on Saturday and tell us the spread.

I was typically 4 to 6 lbs different.

1 Like

One of the things I like about Wilson that my seem small is that he plays containment really well. Against qb options, bootlegs, he keeps containment.

It tells me he is smart player. It bothers me to no end when our guys bite on every fake thrown their way.

Some think Wilson could be the first edge defender picked before Anderson.

1 Like

IuP

Some thought Patricia was a good Coach, Lol

Wilson can play multiple roles across the d-line.

How about this for a 3-4 look. Hutch and Houston as olb’s. Wilson and Comish as de’s. McNeil as the nt. Anzalone and Jack Campell as ilbs.

Okwara and Harris as backup olb’s. Paschal as a backup de. Rodriguez and Barnes as backup ilbs

I think that would be a stout front seven.

I just weighed myself before and after my morning poop…def in the 4-6 lb difference range

I found some footage of the workout on the interwebz and Nolan Smith was huffing and puffing right next to Carter. And we know that guy is in great shape. It looked to me like it wasn’t a series of drills to see how a guy moves like in the combine, but rather an actual workout that was tiring the guys out.

Ok rather than comparing peoples constipated poops - can we just lost the amount of draft prospects who gained 10 pounds in 14 days so far? Clearly the point people are trying to make us how normal that is - so let’s compare combine weight to pro day weight and see how frequent a 10 pound increase must be. Since your point is that it’s super normal

1 Like

For the longest time, no one thought Travon Walker would go No. 1 overall and before Kayvon Thibodeaux.

1 Like

Adding 10 pounds in of itself-minor yellow flag. Multiple minor yellow flag after yellow flag=possible red flag.

The people at Georgia know if this is a yellow or red flag guy. It’s the NFL scouts jobs to determine what he is. Hence why you see some teams hiring scouts that aren’t even talent evaluators anymore. We had one lady scout coming through our building that used to be former FBI

Hmmm…will take a look.

I think you have the perfect way of viewing it. It could mean something, or it could mean nothing. It all comes down to context and how it works in conjunction with the other available information. One interesting thing is Carter had no intention of working out at the combine. So he really wouldn’t have much reason to lose weight for that weigh in. And he’s not a guy fighting a weight problem stigma. So typically in that situation the guy would show up heavy at the combine to try to inflate that number, not go in purposely light. To me that signals a guy who might have been a little dehydrated or hadn’t been eating the same stuff he eats when he’s back home (stuff that draws water into the system).

Doing a quick search it looks like Jalen Reager went DOWN 9 lbs between the combine weigh in and his pro day workout. That’s the typical direction guys go.

2 Likes

Only if we are desperately looking for reasons to legitimize Jalen Carter…. His “value” is dominant and disruptive 3 tech…

He produced modest on the field. He did really selfish and stupid shit off the field.

He took the biggest job interview of his life, and treated it like a circus.

Jalen Carter has treated the predraft process identically to how Erin Rodgers has treated his self created fiasco…

I would bet that the jets just blew their window…. Miamis offense of healthy, Bills team and Allen, BB defenses… then the playoffs?

Boxers and MMA fighters very rarely miss weight, but it happens. They have to lose 10-20 pounds from their “walk around” weight to make their number.

Carter had an equally important weigh in…. He added 9 pounds of fat and water weight in 10 days? He was stumbling through basic drills…. He was cramping and winded in that workout. He should have been in the best shape of his life…

Nick Fairley at best

1 Like

This is the basic point. People can put away their science kits weighing their feces and just roll with this? Lol this board is a strange place sometimes….

For what its worth…

2 Likes

There are a few people here that feel that’s normal and some are just looking for reasons to downgrade him and would still select him at 6

Those are the same people that would draft him even if he was convicted of killing somebody. Some are willing to overlook anything to get “their” guy

If this happens then a TD HAS to be available for us. This will likely mean that 3 QB’s, Anderson and Wilson go. That leaves the last 1st round QB prospect on the board, likely Richardson or Levis and SOMEBODY is going to want the last seat before the music stops because it’s a looooong talent drop to QB5. Probably Hooker. Carter would be there too and somebody is going to take a chance on the tape.