Would Quinn go after Swift 1st round?

Not sure about much better, but I agree better. But it was a must pick to pick Okudah. That’s all. We almost had to go that route. Only because why mouse?

Because he was 1 of the top-4 prospects in the league. Because after several years of heartless players they’ve put an emphasis on adding driven players that love football and love to compete. Because they didn’t need Slay’s replacement, they needed the antithesis to Slay.

1 Like

I am just glad no RB off the board yet. Looking good for a shot at 1 of the top 3 in the second.

1 Like

I still want an Edge rusher and think there will be a couple to choose from. Let’s hold off until the 3rd for a RB.

Zack Moss will be the only one worth taking in the 3rd. We need more of an upgrade than that. Lots of each rushers will be available in the 3rd.

it’s the 1st and only pick “so far” you have to wait with the rest of us to see who/what else we wind up with.

paitence’

Washington has Guice and they’ve already boned us mightily this draft. So I assume they don’t go RB. Miami very well could take Swift/Dobbins or Taylor. So I think either Swift or Taylor could bring impact dimension to our team. I really like Gross-Matos and if he’s there, I think you have to take him. But CEH was my guy and he went first. I thought Swift was the higher rated prospect, but all it takes is one team. Rich getting richer.

1 Like

You have the teams wrong

1. Cincinnati No RB will be taken
  2. Indianapolis (from Washington) No RB will be taken
  3. Lions… will have a choice

GOD PLEASE LET US TAKE THE BEST RB IN THIS DRAFT IN J.K DOBBINS

2 Likes

I would love that pick. My version is that the offense needs a RB. WE can “get by” with what we have at other positions (guard may be weak) but we know we can’t get by with the guys we have at RB. Swift to me is better offensively but the Lions have insisted in having a RB who can pass block and Dobbins does that way better.

Lots of guys want DL talent and edge pressure but that doesn’t appear to be what Patricia thinks they need. Proof is Okudah over Brown.

without pass rush or QB pressure AGAIN, and the defense is going to get owned again.

Patricia seems to think we are powerful enough to stop opponents without those things , and we are nowhere NEAR that strong.

I don’t want him in Round 2

1 Like

If the Lions draft Dobbins, they’d have taken two Buckeyes who wore numbers 1 & 2 in the first and second rounds. This is deeply meaningful.

2 Likes

Jaded, we need to make a move to improve the run game. I know today’s game is based on passing.
We play at least 9 games in a dome, so that helps. Stafford’s strength is passing (i get all that) but we have tried that for 10 years and gone nowhere. Being 1 dimensional just doesn’t work.

The best passing team in the league just spent a 1st round pick on a multi dimensional RB. Look at NO with Kamara. Look what Cook brings to Minni. Go back to when Seattle was at it’s best. THey had a running game. Waiting til later in the draft to get another Ty Johnson, Bo Scarbrough, or mediocre RB won’t cut it. Kerryon is a touch above mediocre and is not reliable. We get leads and can’t eat up clock to close teams out. We need to at least make the effort so teams have to respect the run.

1 Like

And maybe they will draft Senior Bowl WR KJ Hill in Rd 4.

3 Likes

yes!!! that would be fantastic. but i think he goes in the 3rd.

I don’t argue that RB at pick #35 would be good. I also think Edge Rusher at pick #35 would be good.

My thing is that if we go RB at pick #35 Swift isn’t my first choice. To me he looks very much like the same player KJ is. Runs upright, not super fast but not slow. Good but not great out of the backfield.

I just like JK Dobbins better that Swift. I have to assume KJ will be there and I see Dobbins as a compliment to KJ where as I see Swift as another KJ and not sure how that adds that much value unless we deal KJ :man_shrugging:

Just my opinion of course. Maybe I am missing the boat

1 Like

Guice and KJ have both failed to stay healthy. While I doubt the Redskins will go RB, there is an outside chance.

We have to go DL or RB. Big decision.

1 Like

Oops my bad. Skins don’t have a pick in Round 2.:roll_eyes::sleeping::joy:

1 Like

I think we have to get our Edge rusher and Matos & Espensa are serious contenders.

1 Like

Ya Wolf we all think we need edge or DL but not sure Quinn and Patricia do. There is a reason both Espenesa and Matos didn’t go first round even though it is considered a premium position. My fear is that even if we took them we might be looking to upgrade those positions within a couple years. Why draft back-ups when we need starters. With Dobbins or possibly Swift that wouldn’t be the case.

1 Like