Would we have got malik willis if we had stayed at #32?

He is still not taken correct

1 Like

He might be available at 46 if they really want him.

1 Like

Are you sure ?

It’s the draft, you can never be sure. I don’t even want to draft him to be honest. I’d rather go linebacker or safety with 46.

How many other teams are in our position of commitment to rebuild (thinking Willis needs a year on the bench) and QB needy? Have little clue what that market looks like but I’d assume not a lot of competition with Steelers taking Pickett. If he’s there at 46 it’s a risk/reward that seems well worth taking.

The Lions brass is IN on Goff’! They said it over and over again disguising their intent, but it was clear. They’re IN on Goff!

6 Likes

Sure looks that way. They got him weapons now with Chark and Williams to combine with Hock, St. Brown and Swift. That’s 5 legit playmakers and a solid O-line. Goff has no excuses now.

3 Likes

And we picked up a gamechanger on defense.

Get Dean and we have ourselves a squad next year.

2 Likes

Thats good. Let’s put some pressure on him with a guy comping at the bit behind who has a great approach. If we don’t start Willis a qb with his skill set and a year developed on the bench would retain value or even go up to where we could get a 1st next year if Goff balls out & is worth keeping.

2 Likes

These are still rookies. This pick is unlikely to dramatically change our squad next year. Our playoff odds are low af. We are on track for 2023. Williams pick was in line with that. Let’s stay disciplined, not get ahead of ourselves and keep this strong strategy rolling. On a game theory level unless Holmes doesn’t see it in Willis the pick would be a very strong +EV move.

2 Likes

I’m trying not to drink too much koolaid, but I can see the potential.

2 Likes

Other than his weight, there must be a physical issue with Dean.

Atlanta and Minnesota might be most likely to pick him before us.

Look like he is coming to us

We strangely drafted another DE instead of him.

I would’ve thought we would’ve drafted another position other than DE.

Nope

Nope lol

I think homles is arrogant. Why another DE?

I don’t get this pick.

I thought Dean would’ve made more sense and Willis would’ve been a value pick seeing as the team seemed to show a lot of interest in him.

De is a projected 3 rd rounder