Would You Make This Trade Up?

Would You Trade Up For Jalen Carter?
  • I Would Trade #6, #48, and Vikings 2024 3rd Rounder To Move Up To #3 for Jalen Carter
  • I Would Not Trade Up For Jalen Carter

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m abstaining lol. I wouldn’t make that specific trade, but I also wouldn’t rule out trading up for Carter.

6 Likes

I think there is a massive talent gap from Carter/Anderson to the next defenders. I personally would not trade up for Anderson as I believe we have a good amount of edge rushing talent, but I would for a DT like Carter.

2 Likes

I was going to post exactly this.

4 Likes

Just out of curiousity, what would you trade? I basically just went by the trade value chart.

#3 = 2200 Points

#6 = 1600 Points

#48 = 420 Points

The future 3rd is debateable. Even if the Vikings won the Superbowl it would still be worth 120 points which is in the ballpark.

2 Likes

Well it would depend on the flow of the draft. Like, what if Carter makes it to 5? He could depending on how the QBs shake out. What if the Colts don’t trade up and he makes it to 4? There’s just too many variables to say “I wouldn’t trade up for Jalen Carter” if it’s not that specific trade.

If it comes down to Arizona or bust, which is definitely possible if not likely, I don’t think we trade up. In fact I think they’ll want even more than what you’ve offered to move off of one of Anderson or Carter. However I can’t say that for certain since they’ve got a new FO and we don’t really know how they operate, maybe they’ll value multiple picks more than players, in which case they might be more open.

1 Like

I personally don’t think Carter makes it past Denver. I also don’t think the Colts are going to budge as they will want a QB and can’t afford dropping back to 6 for another team to leapfrog them at 5.

IMO, if we traded up the Cardinals are the sweet spot. They are entering a rebuild and can use the picks and really need help for Kyler Murray. Whether that is someone like Johnston with Hopkins expected to be traded or a lineman like Skoronski. If that is the direction they are leaning, which this is just my personal opinion, I’d expect them to try and move back as those guys are likely to be available at 6.

what are we giving up for that trade??? cannot afford to give up picks…

I agree Arizona is probably the sweet spot, but you phrased the poll in such a way that it was this one specific trade or nothing, which is why I abstained. Though again, personally, I think they stay put and take one of Carter or Anderson unless they’re blown away by an offer, and I don’t think the one you proposed was enough to do it.

If we were 1-3 players away from contending, maybe. I’m not sure I give up 2-3 potential starters that can fill critical holes just to get one stud. You’d also assume none of the guys that Holmes drafts can be significant contributors

1 Like

I love Carter as a prospect and I think a DT like him can really make a huge difference in this defense. With that said, I would not sell the farm for him. The trade I outlined is about as much as I would be willing to give up for him.

I guess I could have maybe given a couple more options in the poll :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Carter is a wildly better DT than anyone else in this draft. IMO, there is no other DT that is even worth thinking about in the first round. A game changing DT can completely transform your defense.

So much so that guys like Bresee who have no business being talked about at #6 are being talked about there because everyone is looking for that unicorn.

2 Likes

Don’t want a trade up at all. Unless its to #1 and we give up #6 & a seventh rounder.

Yeah I agree about Carter as a prospect. For me, he’s head and shoulders above any iDL I’ve watched for like the past ten years or so? I like him better than Quinnen Williams, better than Derrick Brown, better than Buckner. I loved Aaron Donald coming out, so he’s probably my favorite guy since then.

1 Like

If Witherspoon or Gonzalez separates themselves as the top corner and a top 10 pick then I’d probably end up sitting where I’m at and taking that guy.

If that doesn’t happen, we could still get a good corner at 18, so getting the impact talent of Carter is worth it.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

We have several holes to fill. We aren’t one player away. And Carter’s motor is a concern. He’s on record himself saying he needs to play harder.

2 Likes

The plan …First we swap picks with the vikings - Our 2b for their first.
Then we swap vikings our third rounder for thier 2024 first
Then we swap the vikings…you see where this is going. Ultimately, in a round about fashion, we get the pick for free.
Guessing Holmes is already on the phone.
Boom!

Is Ralph Wiggum running the Vikes these days!?

ralph wiggum GIF

1 Like

Lots happening before the draft…like do we resign Buggs? sign a DT or CB in FA? If we do not resign Buggs I might give up some beans to move up. If we sign a legit DT in FA I am not giving up any beans.

Let’s not put the cart before the horse, but I get where you are coming from. IF Carter is that guy to Holmes then go get him!

100%
If you think this guy can be Suh-like → get that shit done!
IF he’s “that guy”

2 Likes