Would you take Kyler Murray at 1 if he was in this draft class?

Not knowing what you do about how he turned out in the NFL, if Oklahoma Kyler Murray was in this draft, would you take him?

I only say Kyler because he’s exactly what I like at QB and he was a very controversial prospect. I assume it was even worse here because he was a dual threat.

Without a doubt

1 Like

He wouldn’t have went #1 in his own class if a different team had the pick. So no, I don’t think the Lions would be taking Kyler Murray #1.

1 Like

100% I loved him as a prospect. And the only real knock he had against him was his size, but he was just so lightning quick I knew it wouldn’t matter much. All of the QBs in this draft have far more knocks against them than Kyler did IMO.

1 Like

Easiest decision ever to make Kyler or the rest of the field…

Yes!

Judging by early responses I’m guessing this entire thread is going to overlook this provision.

5 Likes

Murray needs the right system and Kingsbury is a great fit for him. I think Shanahan would be a perfect coach. Payton as well. And Dermot.

Lynn? Probably not for the offense we’ve been seeing him run.

Overall I’m not confident Murray will make it through many more seasons. He’s pretty tiny and runs a lot. Few running QBs have been able to last more than 3-4 years in the league. Russell Wilson isn’t really a running QB and he’s built like a RB.

2 Likes

I still am not 100% convinced his career will be amazing.
Rather have Josh Allen.

Wes, how do you feel about the dude from Liberty as a pro prospect? Definitely not ready to step in and slang it, but curious if you think he has a future in the NFL?

1 Like

I think Murray is a top 10 pick in any draft but I’m not sure about #1 overall.

Again….that’s not knowing how he’s played since being drafted.

2 Likes

I am not in a position to answer that right now because I need time after the season to go back and digest the film. Liberty is a couple of hours up the road and my buddy’s kids play for the team, so I’m a little too emotionally vested in things right now to be objective.

1 Like

Thank you for the amazingly honest and conscious answer bro.
Can’t wait to hear what you come up with after the season.

I was on board with him at #1 overall from the beginning. I honestly feel like he has room to get much better with his skills and athleticism.

No.

If we’re going off the same information we had back then…then no. Between questioning his loyalty to the game and his size then nothing would have changed in my choice to still skip him.

Small qb with small wr, no.
This is a sport of huge people, I prefer the Lamar type.

As soon as he was in the discussion for the top pick… he was going to play football.

Nope. He’s Wussell Lite. I think The Cards have had to pack their roster with mega-talent at WR to get him out of splashy mediocrity.

If the DET needs were the same in this scenario, it’s trade down time for this armchair GM.

I absolutely would not have. Success with his stature and style was essentially unheard of at the time.

The Cards have a minute to decide, but I’m not sure how excited I would be to commit to him long-term, even knowing what we know now, at $40MM+ per year.

1 Like