Would You Trade #1 Pick for This

Eagles have extra picks an they have 2 in top 10

Pick #1 is worth 3000

Pick#5 is worth 1700
Pick #9 is worth 1350

1 for 5 an 9 points work.

Would you do that trade?

How do you know what picks they’ll have already?

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Eagles…Giant…Jets…have extra picks an they have 2 in top 10

Pick #1 is worth 3000
Pick#5 is worth 1700
Pick #9 is worth 1350

1 for 5 an 9 points work.

Would you do that trade?

Giants have 2 also early 6 an 10 an Jets 4 an 11 The chances of a trade down look good would you consider any?

Its based on standing right now it could change but likely will be close an to make up some points they could add a future pick

2 picks in the top 15 for 1OA? In a New York second!!
This would also allow us to find a QB with an early round #1.

3 Likes

I am no against getting a QB but look at what you just posted find a QB no no no If there is one worth a rd 1 pick fine but lets not use a top pick on a hope we fine.

We don’t need one I am not Goff fan but he is signed we need to decide if we want to wait. Lets say we make a trade like this an we take a edge early with a pick an a WR now we get to late rd 1 an top rd 2 picks

You want to gamble on a QB or take one of the likely better S an LB with those two picks we could have another WR . The thing is that QB has to have a grade that says he has as good of chance becoming starter as he does not . When you pick a QB we know like any player some fail .
We need to feel the guy will make it . This is because we need many more to make it than miss right now. Its likely we still miss not sure i want o use a rd 1 pick on early pick on back up QB

With no elite QB prospects… this is a no brainer.
Take 2 top 10 picks for sure.

Currently…

Eagles have picks #3#8… and… #9

Giants have #5… and #11.

Jets have #7 and #10

That is CRAZY… 3 teams have 7 of the top 11 picks!

1 Like

I really have no idea how good Thibedeaux is as I’ve never bothered to watch him. If he’s elite, then no. If he’s not, then probably yes. Lets put it this way, I’m not passing on Suh for a couple of pick in the top 10.

Yote, I’m not the scout of the board, but I’ve been around the block a few times. None of us can pick the top 3 QB’s at THIS time, but I will put $$ on the table by the time the draft rolls around, there will be 3 QB’s rated as top ten picks.
Besides Lawrence, who were the next 2 QB’s expected to be top picks? Who was Zach Wilson & Trey Lance in Nov. 2020?
The media will be hyping 2-4 top 10 picks and you will see this board start clamoring for 1. (Justin Fields anyone?)
Knowing Maholmes was picked at 10 gives me hope we can find both a top D talent and a QB IF we were to trade 1OA for 2 in the top 15.

3 Likes

T-Law, Fields, and Lance had all played the mjaority of their college games by November 2020 and many had them pegged as top 5 picks by that time.

Fields was often penciled in as #2 OA pick at this time last year… and it was a shock that he fell in the draft based on where he was initially projected to go.

Man, #5 and #9. That’s a shot to get two team cornerstones early in the rebuild. I’d have a hard time passing that deal up.

2 Likes

Thibedeaux or
Hamilton and
Anderson.
I think I would.

T-Law, Yes, are you forgetting Fields horrific late season games?
I’m sorry, but I never heard the Lance name until draft time. Well known? Not in the midwest my friend.
Either way, by mid March, we will all be hearing about a QB or 2 most of us here on the Lions forum have little info on.
Chiefs saw something in Maholmes 9 other teams passed on, if the bald guy(@BigNatty) :slight_smile: and company see a guy they believe is a QB for the future and we can build our D in the same round, GO FOR IT!

2 Likes

There is no question I would trade one for 5 and 9.

2 Likes

Agreed and agreed.

Yup - if we can pick up Herbert #2, or something like that…
I’m all for it. I’m likely always gonna be scared of drafting a QB.
The organization that spent high picks on Peete, Ware, Harrington, etc. Daaaaaaaayuuuuum!

I do believe in Holmes, and I am aware that I have PTSD over drafting QBs (rightfully so).

this post below was from November of 2020…
before I really visited on a regular basis… but I watch his FCS championship game in February of 2020… and was on board with him as a top 10 talent.

Yes. Instant yes.

This seems like the kind of draft where Pickett taken in the 2nd round is the best QB and the guys taken in the top 5 look like fools.

2 Likes

Some drafts, the best QB isn’t even an average starter. If that wasn’t the case, every NFL team would have a great starter. If we believed draft hype. I feel like QB is BY FAR the toughest position to evaluate.

I want Josh Allen!

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

Passed over by 6 teams and had many questions on his abilities for the next level.
If we can trade 1OA for 2 top 15 picks, and the bald guy has faith in a youngster in the 7-9 range, GO FOR IT!

2 Likes