Would You Trade #1 Pick for This

Thibedeaux or
Hamilton and
Anderson.
I think I would.

T-Law, Yes, are you forgetting Fields horrific late season games?
I’m sorry, but I never heard the Lance name until draft time. Well known? Not in the midwest my friend.
Either way, by mid March, we will all be hearing about a QB or 2 most of us here on the Lions forum have little info on.
Chiefs saw something in Maholmes 9 other teams passed on, if the bald guy(@BigNatty) :slight_smile: and company see a guy they believe is a QB for the future and we can build our D in the same round, GO FOR IT!

2 Likes

There is no question I would trade one for 5 and 9.

2 Likes

Agreed and agreed.

Yup - if we can pick up Herbert #2, or something like that…
I’m all for it. I’m likely always gonna be scared of drafting a QB.
The organization that spent high picks on Peete, Ware, Harrington, etc. Daaaaaaaayuuuuum!

I do believe in Holmes, and I am aware that I have PTSD over drafting QBs (rightfully so).

this post below was from November of 2020…
before I really visited on a regular basis… but I watch his FCS championship game in February of 2020… and was on board with him as a top 10 talent.

Yes. Instant yes.

This seems like the kind of draft where Pickett taken in the 2nd round is the best QB and the guys taken in the top 5 look like fools.

2 Likes

Some drafts, the best QB isn’t even an average starter. If that wasn’t the case, every NFL team would have a great starter. If we believed draft hype. I feel like QB is BY FAR the toughest position to evaluate.

I want Josh Allen!

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

Passed over by 6 teams and had many questions on his abilities for the next level.
If we can trade 1OA for 2 top 15 picks, and the bald guy has faith in a youngster in the 7-9 range, GO FOR IT!

2 Likes

Yes I’m always a fan of traded down.

1 Like

Agreed!

I am not fan of trde down but there appears to be no QB woth rd1 pick an i know the media like the edge guy but if i can get the Safety an WR like Burk are they worth as much as the Edge guy an still gave the Rams rd 1 pick.

would you take just example of top rated players an what you would get for trading the first pick.

Kyle Hamilton S 6’4" 219 lbs
Treylon Burks WR 6’3" 232 lbs
Devin Lloyd LB 6’3" 232 lbs
Myjai Sanders EDGEi 6’5" 258 lbs

This is just example with still two rd 3 picks first one rd 3 an then comp pick at end of regular spots rd 3

Yeah I’d likely do it.
But I disagree about QB. We need one. Whether FA, or a rook, it’s a need.

I agree, but we can get two defense of studs and wr in round one. Please do so

The success rate and quality of players rarely changes much in draft years. I take that trade down every time.

In 2018 we could take Josh allen QB (7) and vita vea (12)

In 2019 Devin white (5) Ed Oliver (9)

In 2020 Derrick brown (7) and jedrick wills (10)

2021 Sewell (7) and surtain (10)

Every year there are quite a few 2 player combos In the top 12 that beat one top pick for sure

Why waste a pick if there is not a QB worth the pick sure could get lucky but more likely back here bitching about who we should have picked . Of the ones taken last draft so far an I do like to give them a rookie learning season But who has shown well not one or two games but a balanced play just one so far.

couple others show some promise We need one but I would rather go with what we have unless we know there is a high percentage of getting good one.

I am not a Goff fan but at least we know what we have an can make move the next draft or FA he is a low cap hit released also.

Great topic.

I think you have to do it, especially with the Rams late 20-32 pick and 33. It would kind of be like a fantasy draft where you’re on the turn, but you get to start out on it too!

Doesn’t have to be a first round pick. Can be through FA. But we need a QB. Whether to just push Goff, or hopefully play better then him and take his spot. And come draft day, I think some of these qb’s move up the charts.
And there’s going to be bitching no matter what. Just my opinion on what I hope they do.

I make the trade without hesitation. There is a lot of talent in that top 10 on the defensive side of the ball. Plus we still have pick 32 and 33. Sign me up for that dream scenario.