WR at 32/34?

I agree with you.

I don’t like drafting guys coming off serious injuries. But Metchie in the 3rd round would be worth the risk IMO. Those Bama WR’s have been very successful in the nfl.

1 Like

That’s the situation the Lions are in they don’t have to reach for any position because they have needs everywhere. I think our WR’s suck, we still have one of the worst units in the league, if there is a run on any position it’s probably going to be WR. As a result they have to go defense that’s not necessarily a bad thing. We will have money and magic beans next year, I don’t think this team is winning more than 6 games anyway and no rookie is going to impact this season that much.

I think this is a good thing for us. I would expect that there will be a run on Oline men early in round one and a run on receivers from the Eagles picks onwards.

If the Steelers take Pickett then a good chance that 15 or 16 of the players picked before the Lions pick at 32 and 34 will be offense so hopefully some quality defensive talent falls to us.

1 Like

Or a safety. I get that it’s about adding talent, but positional value really does make a big difference in the draft

Agree.

1 Like

And it was a knee, which is much easier to come back from than the achilles.

Almost three months after tearing his ACL in the SEC championship game, former Alabama wide receiver John Metchie said Wednesday is recovery is on schedule. “Around June, in June, I should be cleared, I should be good to go,” he said at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. “Just ready to play football and run some routes.”

I know Chase and our own Amon-Ra did very well, but historically, rookie WR’s don’t do very much their first year. The Lions need to draft one, but in such a deep draft, I like that other positions can get pushed down to us at the end of the 1st/ early 2nd.

1 Like

Last year the top WR’s sure did. Waddle, Chase, Pitts and Smith all had very good rookie years. Smith was the lowest with just over 900 yards. The rest all over 1000 yards as rooks. Justin Jefferson was a stud year 1 for the Vikes as well the year before. These WR’s are coming NFL ready these days.

2 Likes

We should draft Pickett at 2 and Pickens at 32. Sheerly for the alliterative value

‘the pass from picket to pickens is picked by peterson!

1 Like

I’m already looking forward to Rodgers to Rodgers in Green Bay.

Roger Murdock : We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur : Roger, Roger. What’s our vector, Victor?

2 Likes

What would be the asking price for Laviska Shanault?

On paper the 1st round WRs always look head and shoulders better than the next tier of guys. But time and time again the 2nd and 3rd round guys prove to be the sweet spot for WRs.

Wow… have a change of heart??? :wink:

In a sense. I get what he tried with Perriman/Williams. Everything went wrong, which made him look pretty bad at the time, but I’m not sure that’s all his fault. If Chark flames out I’ll be worried.

2 Likes

I’m eyeing the 3rd round for a WR. Hopefully run in wr’s gives us a better lber and safety to draft……unless we take Hamilton at 2.

1 Like

There could be a silver lining if the FO’s plan for this offseason is to flood the D with young talent. Because it does feel as we get closer that there will be some defensive talent falling to the 32/34 area if there is a run on WRs and QBs right before the Lions pick

1 Like

Then take Sky Moore at 34. Or Pickens if you’re okay swinging for the fences and possibly striking out. Or wait till 66 and hope that David Bell or Jalen Tolbert is there. Or wait until the comp 3rd and grab Danny Gray or Romeo Doubs.

We’ve done enough at WR that we don’t have to panic IMO. I very much want one the top tier guys to slide down but if that doesn’t happen and pushes Dean down to 32 and Booth down to 34 (for example) then I’m totally cool with that.

Yep. Big thing is, there will be impact/starter quality talent at both those picks at positions of desire for the Lions.

Man Booth and Dean would be a sweet haul at 32 and 34.

2 Likes