WR - Josh Palmer rising up draft boards

I brought Palmer up weeks ago in the blocking WR thread. Here’s that thread

I like this guy and he was being projected as a day 3 prospect but apparently he’s getting a lot of interest from NFL teams. Including the Lions. He’s been slowing rising up draft boards to the point that some mocks are now projecting him round 3. He was being projected as a 5-7th rounder before.

I like the idea of the Lions taking two WR’s and Palmer is one guy I could see us grabbing on day 3.

PFF now has the kid ranked as the 10h best WR in this class.

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1379103357244149762?s=21

Here’s some highlights for ya.

Hope we can do better, for sure. I want someone that is gonna dump out as much juice as Swift. More dynamic player. Gonna be interesting to watch the balance of what they do in FA and draft.

Lots of 1 year deals…Like tryouts for the team. We shall see who does/doesn’t earn their spot.

I think Flowers and Vatai’s contracts can be moved next year, if they’r e not looking to have a good. ROI. Lots of $$ and draft picks next offseaons. We’re just warming up!

Similar type of receiver, I like Tamorrion Terry. Grab this guy in the 4th and Toney in the 2nd.

I watched highlights of Nico Collins also,
damn was the UM QB play bad. If Collins makes it to the 3rd, he might not be a bad WR to pair with Toney as well. Would still be looking for a true #1 next year though. While the WR talent is deep this year, not many #1 types, a lot of complimentary (#2 or 3) receivers though.

2 Likes

Yeah. You seemed to be prescient in terms of his stock rising. I have to be perfectly honest here. Josh Palmer is probably the one day 2 prospect that I have very little familiarity with.

Love Terry. If there is a day 3 WR that turns into a star he’s my pick. Guys that long and that twitchy aren’t all that common.

The senior bowl and his pro day have caused more eyes to take a closer look at him.

Here’s a recent article from a few days ago. It talks about some of the very same things I said a few weeks ago that I liked about him too.

I like the kid but I’m a little surprised by the amount of hyped he’s gotten in the last few days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2021/4/14/22383846/tennessee-wideout-josh-palmer-an-ideal-x-receiver-and-possible-special-teams-ace-nfl-draft-chiefs

The sample size is too small to know for sure but I think Brad might be speed obsessed on the outside and I kind of like it. Trade down but not so far as to lose out on Waddle. Add Schwartz later. Stress opposing secondaries like holy hell and then pound the rock and kill them with a thousand cuts via underneath passes. And take the reins off of Jared. “We believe in you Jared. We’re going to run the ball. We’re going to be a good screen team but we really want you to take your shots down the field.”

That’s my preferred course of action (the skill position players can change of course.). Pound the rock but we play indoors on turf. Let’s be fast and aggressive as hell.

1 Like

I like the idea of speed and being vertical but I also like GB’s approach to getting guys with great hands and solid route running skills. So why not both?

There’s no substitute for separation.

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t mind picking 3 WRs if we can add some picks.

I would prefer to postpone one of those until next year, then grab a true #1. Add as many picks possible this year, fill a ton of holes with contributors and foundational pieces, then next year true difference makers. We have so many holes, maybe some of it was coaching and player development, but I still think this roster needs serious work.