X receiver if Chark doesn't sign here?

This guy is suggesting that our second rounder would allow us to double up on Suttons – Courtland Sutton from Denver. I have no idea what his salary is. Does it make sense if Chark goes elsewhere? I don’t think we could get a player better than Sutton with pick 55, its a relatively weak WR class.

I believe his cap number would be $14 million in 2023 if traded

I don’t see us trading for and paying Sutton if we won’t pay Chark.

IMO, Marvin Jones is the best backup plan. Other options I wouldn’t be thrilled with, but could see are Nelson Agholor, Sammy Watkins, and Marquez Callaway.

4 Likes

3 Likes

If we don’t keep Chark and don’t get JSN I like Tillman in the 3rd to be an X.

Trust me I don’t want him either. The WR market is pretty barren right now.

This is why I believe it is key to re-sign Chark. I don’t want to go into the season relying on Jameson to break out and a 2nd/3rd round rookie to be ready to contribute. One injury to Jameson or St. Brown and this WR corps is a major weakness.

With a top 5 of St Brown, Chark, Jamo, Raymonds, and Reynolds, I think we could weather the storm very well if one of the top 3 got injured. I personally want to re-sign Chark and draft a guy in the 2nd/3rd.

3 Likes

If Chark doesn’t come back, I really want JSN. Whether that means we trade up from 18 to secure him or outright take him at 6 if the big names are gone.

Oh.
Never mind.
That’s what i get for being lazy and not looking it up.

Yeah, if no Chark, I’d look to Johnston at 18, or Hyatt in the second.

Or as @detroit1811 mentioned, marvelous Marvin.

1 Like

It’s an opinion piece and not a very good one.

1 Like

Amon Ra St. Brown begs to differ.

2 Likes

I rather just continue to check here hourly for the sole purpose of clicking “like” on the “Chark Re-signs! Holmes is a genius” thread!

1 Like

Pretty sure Chark is going to pay Holmes to play for the Lions at this point.

Weird Al My Work Here Is Done GIF by Adult Swim

2 Likes

LOL… I was thinking that Agholor could be a remote option the other day…. but the thought of having this GIF posted as a reply persuaded me to think better of it… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sutton is a much better WR than Chark. I’d rather rework CSuttons contract and get him than drop $8M on a guy with a chronic ankle injury. I’m ok if they do neither but they desperately need to hit on a WR in draft if they can’t get someone in FA/trade.

Still counting on Jamo; that’s why they moved up to get him. If Chark leaves I’d draft Bijan Robinson at 18 if still there. 6 foot 220lb 4.46 40 and he says he can play WR and slot in addition to RB. The little tape I’ve seen of him split out he’s not lying. I hope Lions can think outside the box.

2 Likes

5-11 215lb at the combine

Tough crowd.

Your mama always told me that every inch matters

I kid I kid (i apologize if this is offensive)

But football is a game of inches

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.