Y: the last man

Anyone watch this on FX?

Saw Dune, today! Really good stuff!

5 Likes

Not a show I go out of my way to watch. But if it’s on I always find myself sitting down and watching it lol!

Do you like it?

Did you watch it on actually FX? I have a question if so was their nudity? Cause I’m watching it on Hulu and there was episode 6. I’m not sure I like it.

Sorry had the wrong name.

It has Tim Allen in it.

I also like Home Improvement with Tim Allen perhaps even more than last man standing.

I had the wrong tittle to the show.

I have read the first 6 Dune books probably 15 to 20 times, the first 9 his son wrote 3x, the capstone 7th book his son completed from Frank Herbert’s notes twice and most of the rest of the son’s books once, though the last 3 and maybe 4 not at all.

I liked the David Lynch 1984 turn at the movie (I give him credit for trying to bring out some of the ocean of internal dialog thre book’s characters have) and the FX miniseries even more. While intrigued by Jodorowsky’s unrealized vision for ihis run at it, and especially the casting of Salvador Dali as Galactic Emperor Shaddam IV, the whole 2 gold plated dolphin bathroom fixtures, one for going #1 and the other for #2 seems both very Dali, completely lunatic and possibly the origins for the 3 seashells running joke in Demolition Man…but I digress…

I have purposefully not watched any trailers and avoid news, interviews etc, which was really hard given how long this movie has been in the can waiting to show. THANKS CHINESE FUCKFACEZ!

I will find the least busy highest level showing of it and bliss out, even to a greater level than I am now after 2 days in Sedona, then eating blackened catfish, andouille red beans and rice with cheddar andouille and corn grits, with a double tank and tonic at one of my all time faves, Pappadeaux 's.

I may not be the biggest Dune honk you know, but if I’m not, I’m #2.

#ButlerianJihadWasntWrongIsProbablyHowWeWillLookAtThingsAtSomePointInHumanHistory

1 Like

SO creative. I love SciFi, but my biggest peeve that shows up in the genre is breaking the rules and asking us to bypass it. Zero of that.

Not giving anything away. I’m gonna watch again at home, possibly in theatre again (paid for IMAX upgrade). Effects and dialogue were really well done. You won’t be disappointed. I didn’t 4DX this one, but I may.
Look forward to your take on this one!
Have fun, bro!

Eternals weekend after next too!
Venom (let there be carnage) wasn’t as good as I was hoping for.

Is Diane Lane in it? I do like Diane Lane. I did a search and Xfinity shows it’s on Hulu not FX. I don’t currently have Hulu, but have in the past. Been thinking about re-upping my script for the winter.

I read the comic and it’s not bad, but …
I guess I will watch the series once, and I just read something that further filming has been canceled and it’s not going on for now.

Yes she is.

1 Like

I stopped watching cause the show won’t get a season 2.