Yahoo Charles McDonald Mock - Young & Porter?

Young slips to 6 and we nab Porter at 18

Thoughts? I don’t love it myself, but I don’t hate it either….I like Goff enough to keep him as a starter, but Young has shown me a lot that maybe he could sit for a couple of years and then take over……

I do think I would prefer us to go with some win-now guys, BUT if he fell, is it too good to pass up?

2 Likes

No qb

4 Likes

That draft would be sweet. Figure out QB later. Young is going before 6 to somebody though.

4 Likes

Chicago, Arizona & Seattle need a QB more than Detroit.

Chicago & Arizona are likely sticking with theirs (they are still in “hope” mode with Fields and Murray just signed a huge contract). Seattle had good QB this year BUT Geno is a FA and 32 years old. Are they going to want to give him a huge contract ?? I think Bryce Young would be a great fit in Seattle.

1 Like

Colts as well

I’m not debating the other picks - I’m simply saying if the draft did head this way:

1 - Anderson
2 - Stroud
3 - Carter
4 - Levi’s
5 - Murphy

And Young was sitting there at 6 AND you get no calls trying to move up, do you take him?

I love the draft personally though I know most won’t.

4 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t take Young. I don’t think a backup QB with the #6 pick is a good use of resources.

3 Likes

Young will be the most valuable player from this draft class, IMO. I am set on Goff as our franchise QB moving forward, but if the draft fell like this and Young became a Lions I would be thrilled. To me he is a future top 5 QB. Let him sit for a year and if he proves capable, trade Goff in 2024.

That may not be a popular opinion among most here, but Young is a special prospect. Just as Brad Holmes said at his presser. you never rule out a very good football player.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t. Im give me defense kind of guy. Young could be a Murray jr

So special that in the above scenario, 2 teams that desperately needed QB’s passed on him. If 2 teams pass on Young, there is probably a good reason why.

2 Likes

No! We have 27 needs. QB ain’t one.
Brad will find a solid backup in the 5th round. Watch!

4 Likes

That is a poor argument to make. The Bears passed on Mahomes for Trubisky. The Browns passed on Josh Allen for Mayfield. The Broncos and Browns both passed on Josh Allen in that same draft and they needed a QB.

QB is literally the most difficult position to evaluate in all of sports. Bryce Young could drop because of his size. Some teams may even take him off their board completely if they require a certain mold for a QB to fit.

Would I prefer Young to be a bigger QB, sure, but I don’t think that will severely impact him as a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Regardless I think this point is moot because he won’t be sitting there.

3 Likes

THEY NEEDED A QB!
We don’t.
This is just silliness.
Word is, the Packers will be drafting a QB this season, with a 1st round pick sitting behind Rodgers the last 2 years.
Imagine if they had used that pick on a WR, which, they clearly needed. Green Bay wouldn’t have been the train wreck they were this season while they waited for their rookies to catch on.
Imagine who we might have picked up instead of Boyle?:laughing:

1 Like

I’m not saying I want Bryce Young to fall. I am happy with Goff. I personally believe Young will be the most valuable player in this class. I believe he will be a better starting QB than Jared Goff in 2-3 years. That isn’t a knock on Goff, that is praise for Young.

I personally want defense at #6 and believe that is the way we will go. Young will be long gone by then.

4 Likes

I think Stroud, Young or Levis would all be a good fit in Seattle. They have the capacity to sit a QB until he is ready.

I knew what you meant. I just thought you nailed it with, “they needed a QB”, but, the way it read, many would gloss over it.
I was making sure that didn’t happen.:laughing:

2 Likes

Unless they simply prefer one of the other QBs. Because Seattle has 2 - 1st rounders I could also see them wait on a QB. They have a bevy of pick this year and next, I could see them fill holes this year and wait until next year for a QB like Caleb Williams who has a similar style of play to Russell Wilson.

1 Like

Green Bay is a train wreck because of Rodgers. His behavior and attitude are detrimental to any positive team culture, smug bastard. Aaron is all about Aaron.

4 Likes

I certainly hope Green Bay feels that way and encourages his retirement.
You think they’re a train wreck with him. Wait till he’s gone!

1 Like