You can't Hutch this up!

I have seen SO many that Hutch has been compared to.

Some have said Bosa, TJ Watt, JJ, Jared Allen, and more.

What do YOU expect from Hutch?
Honestly, I have no clue what to expect from him, and anything I say will be pure guesswork.

What sort of production do you see from him?
Why?
Who are your comparisons?

1 Like

I’d like to see him play the part of “Doma” Suh, minus the major penalties.
That’s what I’d like to see.
If he can get close, we’re dominant. Then add Pascal.
Be very afraid in two years!
Be very wary, starting now.

1 Like

If this dude dominates like Suh, it’s time to rethink my next jersey…holy shitballs

2 Likes

Watch his hype.
He’s the number, ahem, 2 pick for a reason.
Why in the world wouldn’t you expect as much from him as Suh, who was #2oa?
The kid is a home grown beast who will playing for his family, friends, and neighbors.
I don’t think you want to come to HIS HOUSE.
Might as well just rename it, “Hutchinson Field”, now.

1 Like

I viewed Suh as damn near a generational talent.
Also, I think DEs do more to disrupt the game than a DE, if all things are considered equal. :wink:

Depends if his mom is over or not.

Shannon Sharpe Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

Im setting my expectations at Kerrigan production with a KGB fear factor peak, and will be pleased with any overachievement from that baseline. This would still make him out best DE since Bubba Baker.

2 Likes

Because every draft class is different and has different players. Expecting anything as far as production relative to a player from a previous draft class taken in similar position may be the dumbest thing sports fans do. Even over valuing combine drills that don’t translate.

Your logic is saying we should expect the 199th pick to give the team as much as Tom Brady because they were drafted in the same position.

2 Likes

He reminds me of KVB when he was healthy.

2 Likes

I’ll let this play out without too many expectations. I’m very happy we got Hutch rather than Walker, Thibs or JJ. In another universe where the Ravens and Vikings missed their field goals and decent QBs were available, we’d have drafted Hutch at #6 or 7 and I’d be thrilled with that too.

If forced to compare, I would have to say Jared Allen.

1 Like

That sure would be nice! I think He’ll improve a ton from his rookie season. He’s gonna learn how to be an NFL player quickly, IMO. I’m not gonna flake if he isn’t amazing in his first season. He still has a lot of “pup” to him. J-W already has more grown ass man/warrior energy in him. I’m so fired up to watch these 2 grow as lions.

1 Like

Me too. I hope his upside is a little higher though.
The Georgia game raises a slight concern. But Georgia consciously ran stuff away from him, and gave him some misdirection. He still had 4 tackles in his worst game.

Then again, if other teams truly have to plan around him… i.e. account for him… it makes everyone around him better. He may not get 10 sacks, but maybe ROkawara does, or maybe Alim bumps up his TFL’s etc. etc. We do need another stud on our DL for Hutch to realize his true potential.

2 Likes

He is being compared to every white DE.:joy:

PS Bring back Jared Devries

1 Like

Allen is my comp. Non stop motor never gives up, never quits. I see him as a 10+ sack guy most yrs.

1 Like

He’s busy, owns some grocery stores in IOWA and gets to watch his brother coach Drake University basketball.

1 Like

I think he ends up better than Walker and worse than Thibodeaux.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.