You Willis peeps doing ok?

Just checking in… I think he’ll be there in the third, but probably not coming to the Lions. Goff is the guy here. Sorry

8 Likes

Maybe the Packers can trade up for Willis in the 2nd round. lol

3 Likes

I’m more worried about Willis. Dude had to walk back to his hotel. Probably alone, head hanging, girl left him, now he’s gotta stay at the Circus Circus. Prolly needs a life coach right about now, @BigNatty, or at least a hug.

7 Likes

@BigNatty woukd give both

I’d LOVE to talk to him. Be elated to. All he has to do is remember who he is.

Word!

1 Like

Honesty, I was all in on Willis, but now I’m not so sure. With one less good pick, it may be a luxury we can’t afford right now. We need a S and a LB badly.

I do feel bad for him, although he’s strong enough to consider it just a minor bump in the road. It may fire him up. Either way I’m very interested in his career (as well as Lance’s).

3 Likes

While I’m sure it’s disappointing for him not to go in the first round I think this could be better for him long term. He has a chance to be drafted into a better situation. The team that takes him can now develop him without all the pressure of being a first round pick.

4 Likes

For sure!!

1 Like

Yea I am thinking the same thing. Losing a pick, and dropping back in the 2nd round, doesn’t look like it would be warranted at this time. Brad needs to make up some ground now.

We still need a lot. We won’t fill 100% of our needs this offseason anyway.
Trusting the Brad.
Still need depth at DL
Depth at TE
Massive hole at LB, as well as depth.
Hole @ S, as well as depth
A big threat at RB
Either extend Vatai or get his replacement
QB?

We’re not gonna get all of that in one offseason…brad will make the best moves based on the FUTURE…not just filing biggest holes this year. He still has another year to build this roster out, and we WILL kick some ass during the rebuilding phase.

This is fun to watch.

3 Likes

:rofl:A second round pick.:rofl:
I still have mixed emotions, even at 46. Probably won’t have to worry about it. He has to be BPA, at this point. Someone will take him.

1 Like

Draft position doesn’t define you as a man. Ask St Brown who he is. Brady. Warner. Tons of others. I know you were sorta “tongue in cheek” about it, but he as a man is not defined by his past, his draft position, or any of the other 3D linear human stories. Remember your soul (think Lion King when the spirit of Mufasa spoke to Simba).

2 Likes

I’m just being a smartass.
I’m as surprised as you that he fell this far.

1 Like

If we get him, I’ll be thankful AF. Not sure which direction the Brad is going w/this thing, but we still have LOTS of great options on the board for the rest of this draft. We’ll get 3 or 4 starters out of this draft, with at least 2 of them being big impact players.

1 Like

Before the Williams pick was named, as soon as they announced the trade up, I would have bet everything I own that Willis was a Lion.
WR wasn’t even on my radar.

5 Likes

I was thinking Willis or Davis (Davis went with the very next pick).
I’m thankful that Brad knows what he knows. He’s a friggin psychic. Maybe they can land Willis @ 46…if they do…we won the draft big time!

Even if they don’t …whta I see is this

Detroit was one of the best drafts last year…
I feel they will be one of the top drafts this year…
You see where I’m going w/this.
Brad is at or near the top in the draft every year, which would make him the best over a 5 year stretch consistency
I think we’re building a winner and nothing can stop this train from rolling…

6 Likes

It’s on the defense, at this point.
This is the best paper offense the Lions have had in the Super Bowl era.
It’s gonna be hard to make excuses for anyone involved (on offense) this year.
From my view, the difference between Goff and Stafford is the ring. They’ve both been there.
Obviously, Stafford has some tricks that Goff doesn’t have.
Goff is capable and now he has weapons.

2 Likes

For sure, man. I am very confident that Goff is gonna play much better, win over a massive percentage of the fan base, and create a massive controversy @ QB. He’s going to better in the W/L column than any Detroit QB ever has.

1 Like

Goff is not the guy is he awful.

Fans are going to have to tap the brakes a bit on Williams.

He’s most probably not going to ready at the start camp. Probably not the start of the season. It will put him behind in Goff and he getting comfortable with each other.

Lions fans aren’t going to get the full Chase type regular season this year, most likely.