Your confidence level in this team?

I don’t have as much confidence as some of you guys.
The Lions dodged a lot of bullets to get to 2-0-1 and they’ve been getting bullied on both lines at the point of attack. They still can’t run the ball at all, can’t stop the run, pass rush is still lacking and I’m somewhat concerned (albeit early) that Harrison and Daniels are hitting the age wall and that the Flowers signing might have been a mistake. The 2nd half execution has been a concern as well, players and coaches. It looks like an average team the first 3 games.

On the other hand, you can spin it into a positive that the Lions are undefeated through 3 games with them not firing all cylinders. I guess my question is are those cylinders capable of firing or is this what they are? We’ll find out soon as they play KC and get into the meat of the division.
I’d say very cautious optimism is where I stand. It doesn’t feel like a 2-0-1 team but they’re 2-0-1 nonetheless which is better than them playing well and being 0-2-1. Winning ugly as opposed to losing pretty.

1 Like

Lions play the Giants, at Raiders, at Redskins, Buccaneers, and at Broncos. Those are all games the Lions should win. If they do, that’s 5 wins no losses.

Let’s say the split with the NFC North–winning each game at home, but losing on the road. That would be 3-3.

So that’s 10-3-1, not including the Chiefs and Cowboys games at home.

10-5-1 should get the Lions into the playoffs. Add one upset in there and 11-4-1 might win the division.

2 Likes

In theory yes, but I’m sure the Chargers and Eagles thought the same thing about the Lions, they “should” win. The game IN Denver IN December is tough, especially if we continue to not run the ball effectively. Road games are never a sure thing. I do think we get to 9 wins, if we beat the Cowboys or Chiefs, then all bets are off and we could make some noise.

1 to 10 scale , I am about a 4. I just can’t get confident even though we fought some tough games and won.

I know how fast the wheels come off the bus considering this team , I want them to beat each team set in front of them.

We can’t get cocky here and start to believe that “now we can relax …it’s in the bag.” because we have seen a shit ton of ways this team has lost , and has been one of THEE worst teams in the League . Right now , it’s just beat the Chiefs…then on to the next.

I am not convinced we go to the dance this season IF we just beat KC or The Cowgirls, lot of other opponents to face even after the BYE.

my confidence level is a cautious / nervous 4 of 10. :wolf:

1 Like

6/10 confidence… Is that a way to rate my confidence? 60%

Still haven’t seen a complete game vs teams below .500

We win this weekend it could jump to 80% for me, if we lose it could stay the same.

I’m curious as to everyone’s confidence level going into the Eagles game in Philly last week?

1 Like

The team seems better but the victories have been in ways that dont look sustainable at all.

I like the defense more than I thought. They are playing hard.

I like the offense less. Even with the return TD and gifted fumble, barely any points.

Special teams is horrible. Penalties, blocked punts, etc. one TD from a guy they probably should have cut isn’t enough.

I think its likely the next 3 games Lions go 1-2. Thats my confidence level.

8-7-1.

Ay: prove me wrong, Lions…

I thought 10-11 wins was achievable. I am always overly confident in the team. I typically always think the Lions have a shot to win, but will do something to steal a loss of of the jaws of victory. I am cautiously optimistic about them right now. If we lose to the chiefs but beat the packers and the vikings the following two weeks I will be 1000% believing 10-11 wins is gonna happen.

Confidence? It’s still the Lions, I can’t say it’s strong at all.
Expectations, I say 9 or 10 wins.
They are already up 2 wins over most expectations already. And I expect them t get better.
Confidence and Detroit Lions doesn’t fit well together…Not Yet anyway!

I didn’t realize it until I started watching this Packers v Eagles game, but my confidence in this team will change based on who wins this game and how each team plays.

1 Like

Way to leave that door open, Dale… I mean, even the proverbial blind squirrel finds a proverbial nut once in a while…

They can’t do this to us our entire life, can they?

1 Like

My confidence level is at an all time high actually …Not that I think this is the best team we have ever fielded , just that the plan , the talent, the idea that I just do not see this team not being in games in the 4th quarter …I think the days of being blown out and down big are over.

Wes, does that count as the Jessica Alba play?:muscle:

This might deserve a topic all by itself now

Very little confidence. This is the Lions we are talking about. Just buckle up and enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Ask me Monday … lol

Personally I think their good enough to run with any team in our division but I think their a step below a SB caliber team.

Division title and a playoff win are possible.

1 Like

Still not allowing myself (since the Arizona game) to go all in excited. I’m being cautious with them. But my thought that they could win the division grows everytime I watch the other 3 teams play. None of them scare me to the point of “how can we possibly beat them”.

Before the season started I had the Lions as a 10 win team and nothing I have seen has changed my mind on that. In fact I predicted the Lions would be 2 and 2 before the bye, so I am at least guaranteed to be close since they are half a game up with 1 game left. So I would say that my confidence is normal for me at this time.

Can we wait until Sunday afternoon to answer this?