Your favorite scout/analyst/arm chair qb

Man that brings back memories. Roughly 15 years ago I lived in Indiana but would make the drive quite often back up here to see my folks. Especially in the late summer/early fall when it was a slower time at work, which was perfect because it was training camp time, etc.

I would schedule my 2.5 - 3 hour drive specifically to listen to those two on Sirius NFL Radio. Two of the best in the business. Loved those training camp tours.

2 Likes

I won’t go never his website because it seems full of ads and spam. Maybe they changed it.

If you like OLine analysis one of my favorite is Brandon Thorn and his blog Trench Warfare.

2 Likes

Tragic how he was ejected into that canopy.

God do I miss listening to Keith Jackson and Ernie harwell.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Lol I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks for the post!

Maybe 30% haha I want to like Dan more than I do. Seems like if I got to sit down with him to watch tape it would be awesome, but on tv he can be a little off putting to me.

I agree!

1 Like

Daniel Jeremiah does a really good job with the NFL draft prospects. He’s arguably one of the best

1 Like

This might be a weird take but the hardest part about watching Dan most of the time is the skinny pants on with the blazer. Like something Macklemore would have worn to prom or something. I hate the cinematography format that ESPN has gone to with the analysts’ full body frame. Sometimes I feel for the female hosts as they are moat certainly pretty ladies and yet the format isn’f flattering especially to their lower bodies.

My good friend’s husband is a news director (was local but now in El Paso) and he went to the same style a few years ago and I hated it when he did it as well.

1 Like

Jeremiah is great. Stick with him and you’ll definitely learn something. I often listen to Move the Sticks Podcast.

I would also throw a nod to Matt Waldman as far as draft guys. His voice can make you nod off a little, lol, but he really shows you little details about prospects that I find very useful. I don’t always agree with his overall takes, but his approach is very detail oriented.

Really, the best way to get draft information is to get about five sources that know what they are talking about so you get a range of opinions.

1 Like

I love DJ. Knowledgable but also clearly a really good dude. Bucky is a bit clunky with his delivery at times but I like him as well.

Love Miller and Kirwan their analysis and breakdowns are great.
Dan O does a good job as well.

1 Like

I listen to their podcast every offseason for insight but one thing that bothers me slightly about both of them is more times than not they want to make a prospect look good to be nice guys. Publicly I don’t feel they always give their true thoughts on a kid. Like, if they were a scout actually working for a team I feel they’d be more critical or at least be sharing all of their thoughts. How many kids have either of them really been down on over the last 5 years? But like I said, I still listen to them every offseason and consider their insights, and will do so this year as well.

1 Like

I think that’s fair. I have heard that DJ is an amazingly kind guy. Bucky seems that way as well so I could see their being a bias leaning that way. There are worse things.

1 Like

I will say that what I like most is hearing about their personal experience while they worked for NFL teams. Getting that behind the scenes insight, stories, etc

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.