Your true accent

I’m pretty close to that, although my uncle moved there. In fact our first “vscation” that I can remember was from New Jersey to Detroit for four days to visit him. 1964-ish. I suspect his house has been torn down.

1 Like

We need a backstory here. How?! Why?! Had to be Barry.

2 Likes

Euchre is a partner game, or do you just Hulk smash it alone every game!?

No way.
I have played online for decades. Online players have ratings. The game usually is okay at lining you up with players who have a similar rating to yourself…but sometimes it is not even ballpark.
So what I have done, is look at the skill level of my partner AND the competition.

Sure, sometimes you are partnered with a guy who just suuuucks…
However…if someone makes a move that you disagree with, you consider their skill level and know if you should be criticizing them or learning from them.

When someone makes a move, I ask “why would they do that?”…and that is a big part of how I leaned and grew in euchre.
I have learned SO much from partners and opponents.

If you consistently had a great partner, it would be muuuuuch easier.
What is the likelihood that I just had streak of great partners for hundreds of games and that my partners carried my score that high? Very slim.

I’m always in the top .01%
Lots of times my partners are as well.
When you get way up there, if you win, you gain 6 or 7 points on your score, but if you lose, you lose 10 points…so the rating system does take partners rating/skill level into account.

2 Likes

I have a bit of experience playing Euchre on hockey and football bus trips, I’m sure I suck, but when and where do I find the legend of Natty to team up with!?

2 Likes

Euchre-

If you dont call it with any 3 trump in your hand, get the f outta my house.

If you cant read the table and your hand well enough to call someone up to keep them from going alone, come to my house, sit right down.

If youre not pissing off your partner and your opponents, then youre just really a rummy player that someone taught euchre to.

No such thing as ace-no face, or farmers hand and for damn sure not partner’s best.

If people are drinking and you havent stolen the deal all night, you’re cheating the game.

If you aren’t flipping over your bury card on your deal after trumping that suit the opponent to the left opened the hand with…you are missing the entire point of the psychological warfare part of this game.

If you have a naked 2 bowers and dont play them last as my partner, shoot me in the face.

Never count on me for 1. It’s either 2 or 0, call trump accordingly.

Im watching the last cards you throw in when it’s a split hand for 1 pt because I am a stealth reneger if I can get away with it too.

NO ■■■■■■■ TABLETALK.

3 Likes

Euchre used to be a very big thing in pubs in the Medway Towns (Kent, England, UK). There were league games on Wednesday and Thursday (depending on the time of year) and big social games on Sunday lunchtime. Happy days!

2 Likes

Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

1 Like

You mean like playing a trump and then the man left to you doesn’t beat it and your partner (who is last) still trumps you when they have a card to throw off?

Because I’m ready to throw a microwave at someone when that happens. RECOGNIZE THE SITUATION AND BE AWARE.

1 Like

Can’t really bitch about any of this. But have to add, once suit is called never lead next. It will bite you in the ass.

1 Like

Let’s find a way to monetize ass-whipping, bro!

I wish you could make money in euchre like you can in poker.

Poker is too slow paced and I’m just nowhere near as interested.
Euchre is a game of skill AND luck. I think it’s a smart game and I love it.
SO much is instinct now, and I can “feel” the game without even intellectualizing as much.

I was teaching a friend who has been playing for 15 years, one night, and I learned about how much I “feel” instead of having to think now…when I had to explain why I knew what I knew, it forced me to see this. LOL

Looove me some euchre.

4 Likes

Man I’d jump at that. Spades or Euchre. It’s a feel, it’s a reading the room, and it’s not being a ■■■■■■■ dumbass.

2 Likes

I’m not an ideal partner for you if:

You can’t understand how I got euchred going alone
You can’t understand how the opponents took all five tricks when I called next with one trump.

But if you need a beating at Euchre . . .

brother anyone GIF

1 Like

I love this! LOL.

Maybe we play some euchre before/after/at the draft party next year?

1 Like

I haven’t actually played with cads in years…just fake digital internet cards.

I would probably have to acclimate a bit. Maybe I find some local euchre players here and get used to it.

I know I can’t distract weeze with my handsomeness, cuz he’s on “that level”. :wink:

Some of these conversations make me wish you guys were in the same town.

Would be awesome to have a euchre night once or twice a month.

3 Likes

Lol, that’s definitely true. I play digital Euchre, Spades, and Cribbage a lot. Like almost daily during the luls of the day. When i do have the chance to play with real cards or a live cribbage board I always feel out of sorts for a bit.

1 Like

I hear ya. I LOVE playing cards with actual humans & actual cards, but woulx have to get used to it again. With humans in a room more fun than internet, but net is still pretty cool

1 Like

@BigNatty - So when and where do I find the legend of Natty to team up with in online Euchre?

Or play against, :wink:

Evil Smile GIF

2 Likes

I’m sure we could find something awesome.

I used to play on a pc. Old school one was called AmishBackDoorDonkey

Hilarious name, but super-fun. They had a chat feature, so ppl could talk while they play. You could add online friends and find regulars very easily

I would love to find something like that and get some of you cats in there.

1 Like

i somehow avoided the michigan accent, even though my mom is level 5

3 Likes