Your true accent

bruh, more like elk rapids

Absolutely true. I love Lake Superior and the whole u.p. I wish I could get there more often but this whole working thing is really cramping my style. I’m clear at the bottom of the state so it’s quite the trek.

1 Like

Yes, good point. Avoid the UP in June at all costs. Black fly season.

Is that the big lake they call Gitche Gumee?

3 Likes

I’ve never done any Great Lakes summer vacations but everybody tells me the bugs are crazy that time of year.

Brutal, everyone should experience them once though, lol. Just like the Lake Winnebago fish fly hatch, crazy.

37 this morning so hopefully it killed them off a little.

We went from 80 to 50 in about 2 hours yesterday when the wind switched to off the lake.

1 Like

After June you are good. Good place to beat the heat…that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Lake St. Claire fish flies get so bad your car actually looses traction on turns.

1 Like

Insane when things like this happen. Never had it happen with flies, but I have had it happen with frogs.

Must’ve been mating season, hatching season…soemthing.

There is a curve in Evart, MI…Swampland on both sides of the road…it only happened once → so totally an isolated incident, but I didn’t see the frogs on the road and was sliding on frogs and almost didn’t make the curve. I must’ve killed thousands of the little guys.

Toad-licking community was pissed, I’m sure. :wink:

1 Like

I have seen the bug hatches appear on weather radar because they are that dense and widespread. It is really something to behold. The fly fishermen among us understand.

1 Like

I’ve learned to hide my up accent living below bridge. Comes out when home for sure. Comes out down here after a few beers or if I get real mad.

The toad licking master killed a bunch of toads!?

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Lived in SE WI for 20 years and this one in particular drives me crazy…

Can you borrow me …instead of loan me, so stupid.

2 Likes

Yep, those are the mayflies, likely Hexagenia that are well known to fly fisherman on the Au Sauble and elsewhere. Impressive hatches mean clean water…

Two things can be true at once. I hear you. And I’m telling you that the folks play Spades, in Michigan, out of Michigan, at cookouts, family reunions and house parties. It’s a source of great joy, competition, trash talk and the occasional fist fight. Euchre ain’t that to the folks, not even in Michigan.

For some reason my clients all prefer to play spades in lockup. I suppose if they liked euchre they would NOT be in custody.

Not sure why, but people saying “I seen” rather than “I saw” seems more prevalent among the mid-Michigan natives than where I grew up on the west side of the state.

A real odd one… old-school Midland townies refer to all ground beef as “hamburg” and the things you get from McDonalds as “hamburgs”. Not hamburger or burgers, hamburgs. I thought it was just my in-laws until I saw it at the butcher shop and townie bar.

^^^^

I’m guilty of this…

Dude. Are you implying that Euchre players are the kind of people who end up in police custody? That’s harsh-bordering-on-libelous to a whole group of people.

That’s kind of like saying Lions fans have mental issues . . .

2 Likes