Zierlein's board

Like maybe Cam Smith, who didn’t make the top 43. wow.

Honestly, like I said. His teammate Rush looked better to me and he’s a Day 3 guy

This draft seems more and more absurdly deep every day.

There are guys emerging for different… yet understandable… reasons every day. I can’t help but think that the redshirt years provided by the Covid rules created a “minor league farm system” for the NFL as more players continued to work and get better.

Thinking about it this way… if all 100 D-1 teams have an extra 20 guys hang around for another year working on their skills and conditioning… that is another 2000 guys trying to go pro… and it only takes 1% of them breaking through to provide another 20 players that are capable of playing at the NFL level.

2 Likes

best in the biz

1 Like

It’s a deep draft but after the bug 3 the top twenty is fairly weak IMO.

Keion White is 24y/o and still not that refined. May not matter. I still think he’s far more likely to go 25-40 than 5-20. We shall see.

I would actually pass on him until the 5th NOT because of his play, but because of the play we have gotten from the group we have. Plus, I’m really on board for getting a HB/TE guy like Josh Whyle in the 6th.

I think these experts are hedging their bets until they see him test. I don’t know if it was South Carolina’s scheme or not but he played way off most of the good receivers he faced. Why? Athleticism concerns? That’s what they want answered.

2 Likes

See I don’t remember Ziggy putting his hands on Olinemen in college with plus play strength & making necks snap back momentarily. Certainly it could have happened & my eval from what I remember of Ziggy is off base. I just remember this long raw dude running around making effort plays with great closing burst (hence the Tyree Wilson comparison for me) Maybe I’ll go watch some old Ziggy clips tonight from college to see if I missed what you’re talking about

Speaking of Will Anderson, I am probably higher on him than you are but I also have those same concerns with him that you’ve mentioned. It’s why I would take Keion White or D Witherspoon before him, assuming Jalen Carter is already gone

COVID will leave behind a legacy of “super seniors.” And when I say that, I just mean “older than normal” guys. I hope we all respect the results.

I remember everyone calling him “a project” because of lack of experience.
I believe in him immediately. He was sniffing out screens & keeping contain, & people were criticizing him because of lack of experience.

IMO, If you are that instinctive already, & you have no experience…NIIIICE!
What’s this MF’r gonna be like when he actually HAS experience?

That’s why I believex in Ansah

1 Like

Lol yep great point. I think I watched him play first time in the NFL & went yep another one I was wrong about. The guys a player

1 Like

I would like him a lot more if he weighed 30 lbs more and played DT.

interested to see who’s who after The Underwear fest combine.

Maybe but Breese is going in the bottom of the first or in to the 2nd Rd.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.