Zona drops a Nuke

Your name is Michael Bolton!? Like the pop singer?

1 Like

Agreed

Back on topic, apparently Nuke wants $23m per. Good luck with that.

Best case scenario: Nuke signs with Jets which potentially lowers the Packers first round pick even further and forces the Jets to cut Corey Davis. Davis though a flawed player could help
Is IMO and I think he’d be open to one of Brad’s one
year prove it deals.

Question for people that know how the salary cap works. Why wouldn’t Arizona trade him if they’re going to eat the cap anyways? Wouldn’t the contending teams want him for one year when they wouldn’t take the hit?

I don’t think team’s even wanted to pay Nuke the 2/33 he had on his Zona deal. Seems to me there is a big gap between what the NFL thinks about Nuke as a player and what Nuke and the League think about his current abilities. He turns 31 next week.

Its not about Arizona, they want to trade him. There are no takers. Here is the jist. Arizona has to eat the dead money on Hopkins contract. AKA the money they have already paid him. All of the remaining salary and contract terms still apply. That also means that any salary guarantees remaining on the contract move to the new team and don’t stay with the Cardinals. If they could trade him, they would.

Here is the flipside. A team trading for Hopkins will owe him $19.5M in 2023. That is a serious committment to a player who is over 30 at a position where production typically falls off a cliff at that age. And Hopkins himself has had 2 down years already, leading up to this point.

1 Like

31 on June 6th

He did have over 700 yards in only 9 games last year. I’d imagine he’s going to start decling soon though. OBJ still got paid 18 mill though after now tearing his ACL twice.

If Holmes could work his magic with an incentive based 1 year deal, could be a steal. If Hopkins actually wants to win, Detroit might be a good fit. He still commands a lot of attention from defenses.

My money would be on the Bills though.

1 Like

On obscene volume. He’s like the Carmelo of WRs at this point.

I just don’t see the fit here. We seem to favor separators. He’s no longer that. Great hands still but just not worth what it will cost IMO.

If we want a 6th guy and it’s in house Mo Alexander would make sense bc he’s a KR virtuoso.
Well until his gambling suspension is announced at least.