The Lions are enjoying a special season. Now help is on the way

The Detroit Lions are in the final weeks of a special season, and everyone wants to be a part of it.

That includes a trio of defenders who have been forced to watch from the sideline due to injuries.

“We talk all the time in the rehab room,” edge rusher James Houston said. “We all want to get back. (defensive tackle Alim McNeill), he’s been a part of it, so he knows. He’s a little more chill, laid back. (Ceedy Duce) and me, we’re chomping, you know what I’m saying? We’re ready to go out there and help the team, because we see how good they’re doing. We see how well they’re doing without us. And we want to be a part of something special. Everyone wants to be a part of something special.”

The return of three quality players for the finale at home against the Vikings?

Jaren Hall, or Nick Mullens, or Josh Dobbs better watch out.

1 Like

Ranking it out i would say
1 Houston
2 McNeil
3 CJgj

As good as duce is, his replacements have stepped up. Joseph, Branch, Iffy, theres really good depth there.

However on the dline. Levi isnt nearly as good as McNiel and pick your DE isnt as good as Houston.

Getting back 2 of the top 3 pass rushers is CRITICAL.

2 Likes

If this defense suddenly finds a pass rush with the return of Houston and McNeil, pair that with a secondary that stops blowing coverages, and this team can beat anyone.

2 Likes

A lot of the blown coverages is on extended plays tho. The corners do fine enough for the first 3-4 seconds. (How long a normal play is) but if the pass rush isnt getting home the corners have to cover longer.

Or it’s because they are blitzing and that means one less defender in coverage.

2 Likes

Getting CJGJ and McNeil back is massive. CJ was expected to be out for the rest of the season. He is a tremendous player and will provide a big time spark. He’s started 6 playoff games in his career and knows what it takes. It’s like adding a stud at the deadline. McNeil is the Lions best DT by far also. If Houston comes and makes an impact that’s a bonus but I am not sure he will. Bruce Irvin will be dressing in the playoffs probably and has looked good.

Lions are going to go on a playoff run.

1 Like

This is a big part of it. If the rule was you weren’t allowed to touch the QB for 8 seconds after the snap, doesn’t matter what name is on the jersey. That QB will have you for breakfast and save some leftovers for lunch and dinner.

3 Likes

I always find it funny that the Lions Offense leads the league in 20+ plays (I believe) because as we all know they are just great.
But when our defense gives up big plays it is blown coverages and bad DC…

Listen the other team has dudes also. And they are going to get theirs. I mean you have to allow for the other team to make some plays also.

2 Likes

Big Mac is who I want back most

3 Likes

I also agree above that the need appears to be:

Houston
Big Mac
Acey Duecy

Now 8 weeks ago I thought Duecy was super needed.

I just want the Lions to win out and lets see what happens. 2 home games would be awesome as either the 1 or 2.

Can you imagine the NFL if the Lions get the 1 seed and the bye LOL.

The experts heads would be exploding.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.