0-16 Season

I ain’t watchin’ that.

Shoulda been 1-15 if not for getting screwed by the refs in minnisota

1 Like

To be fair, the Lions had already come far enough under Caldwell, people just forget. I believe they went to the playoffs twice (losing both) and 3 out of 4 seasons were winning records under JC. Bob Quinn wasn’t interested in supporting Caldwell and undercut him / tore that shit up (while hoodwinking the Fords to go along with the plan!) to bring in his mastermind buddy Matt Patricia.

In many ways, I feel what Quintricia did here was worse than that 0-16 season. The lions already sucked under millen so the marinelli 0-16 move was just more of the same ineptitude. But Qunitricia ruined Caldwell and crew’s good work pulling us out of 15 years of ineptitude and oblivion, in literally in one summer of training camp!

Caldwell and company got this organization to respectability and to a point where free-agents actually wanted to come play here to be a part of something and not just to take a last contract when they had nothing left in the tank and nobody else would pay them. He was kind of like the MCDC before MCDC. He just wasn’t as flashy as Dan. But players respected him and thought they could win. Stafford and crew had so many comeback wins during this period because those teams would not quit. That kind of belief is a testament to coaching, the same way it is for MCDC.

Unfortunately, JC didn’t have BH running his personnel department either!

Lions should have a home playoff game this year. They should win! Onward.

To be fair, Caldwell got screwed by the previous administration too, when they left him without a defensive line in his second year

1 Like

The pad level was spot on, however

It was the perfect storm where the people in charge were not seeing the big picture. We had an undersized defensive line backed up by undersized linebackers. Big Baby was the equalizing force that helped to make it make any sense. Without him it was what it was. The team gave up close to 3,000 rushing yards and 31 rushing TDs that season.

1 Like

Is that all? Felt like 5000 yards. Ha ha thank God those days are over.

Pound the Rock :wink: and the other teams didn’t exactly that Rod. Where is my chisel again?

Skipped the video because I watched the whole thing live. That team drove me nuts. They had enough talent to grab a win or three but were the model of poor chemistry. It just felt like a bunch of dudes cashing checks while a couple real players hustled

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.