0-16 Season

It doesn’t seem like that long ago. A reminder how far this franchise has come since then.

3 Likes

I also think the new helmet would be sick with that blue jersey.

I really needed to remember that season.

I spent 3 years in therapy after that season.

Thx a lot Jim.

1 Like

I can’t believe how bad the defense was. Literally unbelievable.

1 Like

Paris Lennon was the green dot mastermind.

1 Like

Only 3?!

That was the first and only year I ever bought season tickets.

By the end of the season I was having to pay people to take the tix to go to the games

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

Dan O: “The grass is always greener in front of you.”

1 Like

You gave up your spot on the couch to a Brown’s fan.

1 Like

Also. Fun fact.

in 2007 we started 6-2…so yeah, lets not get complacent :upside_down_face: :shushing_face:

1 Like

The defense would have been even worse statistically if the offense was any good. Teams that could have dropped 70 on us spent much of the game running out clock because they felt no pressure from our offense.

In the first game of the season the Falcons were up 21-0 in the 1st quarter. Their backup RB Jarius Norwood had more carries (14) than Matt Ryan had passing attempts (13). The Packers went up 21-3 and ran the ball 30 times that game. The 49ers were up 21-3 and ended up running the ball 39 times compared to 23 passing attempts. The Bears jumped up 31-0 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and throttled it down. The Jags were up 24-7 at halftime and started eating clock after that. Houston jumped up 21-0 in the early 2nd quarter and started eating clock after hafltime. We jumped on the Bucs 17-0! All that did was piss them off, so they scored 35 straight points to go up 35-17 by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Then they throtled it down. The Titans game was a great example if you want to go back and watch. They easily put up 35 points before the end of the 2nd quarter and throttled it down. They ended up running the ball 46 times compared to 19 passing attempts. The Saints were up 42-7 in the 3rd quarter and both teams milked away the 4th quarter.

1 Like

Sharpen your shovels men. Keep digging

One of my recollections was how few players from that team went on to continue to be productive in the NFL. Lenon was one of the very few. Backus, Raiola, Johnson, Lenon. Manny Ramirez was on that team. Otherwise, other than rookies from that season none of those guys lasted in the league more than a couple of years

2 Likes

I think what was mind blowing wasn’t that they were undefeated that preseason, but that they really honestly looked like they had their shit together.

everyone was in place, tackles were being made

I thought they would have a winning record

Really eh? I was real concerned we traded away our best defensive player Shaun Rogers going into that season. The defense was swiss cheese without him in the middle.

well obviously

We also got rid of Martz before the season.

Poor Rod. Nice guy. No idea what he was doing as head coach though

Week 1 - 2008 NFL season

DET @ ATL

I head down from Charlotte, NC to go see my Lions team. Pumped up for opening day!

1rst play - hand off to Michael Turner
2nd play - hand off to Michael Turner (for 1rst down)
…Cynodon says to his buddy “Why the hell isn’t Leigh Bodden starting!!!”
3rd play - just as those words left my mouth, rookie Matt Ryan drops back for his first professional pass in the NFL…

…and hits Michael Jenkins for a 62 yard touchdown!

I was furious! If I remember correctly, it was Travis Fisher in coverage, while Leigh Bodden was watching from the bench.

I buried these memories long ago. Thanks for diggin’ up those bones!

EDIT: Found the video

If anyone watches those highlights they are truly sick

2 Likes

and replaced him with someone named “Chuck Darby”