15 free agents the Ravens can sign that don't count against compensatory picks

2 Likes

Lot of TEs, safeties and LBs on that list, sheesh.

The only ones who really interest me are Ogbah, Okorafor (wonder if he can play guard?), and maybe Jenkins and Crossen (can he play outside).

I want to add Mason Cole, but on the Steelers boards they affectionately call him “the worst offensive lineman in the league,” so I think I’ll pass.

1 Like

Ogbah
Dissly
DT from Jax
Diggs

Those ones interest me

Seems unlikely we’ll bring in a FA TE since we brought Wright and Zylstra back. Maybe a cheap one, but I don’t expect Dissly to be that cheap (even if I think he should be). I think the odds are pretty good we’ll be running it back at that spot.

If we bring one in at all I hope it’s a FB/TE hybrid.

Diggs will be too expensive.

Zylstra is a PSquad guy

What about that Jax DT he knows Darious Willims and coach Townsend

I know but we also have LaPorta, Wright and Mitchell. And while I think Zylstra’s a practice squad guy, he’s played a lot more than practice squad guys typically have. And like @1CasanovaJack points out, he always grades out really well. I just don’t see us spending what it would take to get Dissly, though of course I could be wrong.

I’d be fine with Fatukasi, he doesn’t really move the needle a ton but as a depth piece would be interesting. Jags fans are ready to kick him to the curb and he only played 40% of snaps last year despite being a big money signing. He’s also one dimensional, he only had 5 QB hits in his Jaguar career. He’s basically a run-stuffer, and we already have a run-stuffer who can’t get to the QB in Benito.

1 Like

Ogbah is an intriguing guy. Definitely not worth the insane extension the Dolphins handed him, but he probably has a couple years of good production left as a rotational piece. Good on strip sacks, something that you always like to see, going for the turnover.

2 Likes

Can’t argue with either of those points except for the fact we were running with Anthony Firsker & Zach Ertz at the end last year. I’d like to be 4 deep there.

Laporta - Mitchell
Wright - Dissly
(Zylstra PSquad)

Fatukasi agree…I’d like to give those snaps to BroMart. And technically Benito aint back yet.
But we still lost Bohanna/Buggs/Alualu snaps from last year.

Wouldn’t shock me to add a 3rd body there.

1 Like

Agreed if we can get him for a reasonable price, could be a real bargain add.

2 Likes

Yeah I expect we’ll add a DT, but man the guesses are all over the place. Some like you want a guy like Reader or Stewart to play the nose, others want a pressure guy like Newton or Murphy in the draft. I doubt we add both.

Personally I think the same combo of Benito (who I expect to re-sign) and Bromart will cover the 40% of nose snaps. That’s counting on a leap from the latter, but they wouldn’t have drafted him if they didn’t expect him to improve.

I think the pressure guy is more likely, because 1) Brad’s history says he wants that piece, which is why he drafted Levi O and was heavily involved with Donald, 2) we don’t really have that guy, and 3) I think Alim can play anywhere.

Pretty sure Dissly or Wright would be a practice squad guy in that scenario too. I don’t think we’ve ever had more than 3 active TEs on game day. Seems like overkill imo, though I know we had our injury struggles this year.

1 Like

A lot of options this year in FA and draft.

Day 2 guy like Kris Jenkins or Sweat
Fiske or Ruke Orhorhoro.

DJ Reader + others in FA

I think we do need to add both.

McNeil & Levi are free agents next year
Lost 3 guys from last year
Benito remains unsigned at the moment.

1 Like

I think that’s too much of a luxury. You can’t fill all of your needs in one offseason. The cap forces you to punt at certain spots, and that’s most frequently done with a team’s depth.

Guess we will find out soon.

I have no idea how much guys like Benito, Dissly, Evan Brown, etc end up costing us for depth.

Dj Reader 3 years 40 million is a steal tho IMO

I do know I like those DT round 2 if they are there. Only other guys I’m looking at there is Leggette and Mikey now.

Guard can wait til top 3 I’m guessing if not addressed earlier

Benito and Brown should be cheap. Dissly will probably cost like 5-6M I would guess, which is too much for a 3/4th stringer.

Personally at DT I just want to jimmy a fix this year and take advantage of next year’s class. It’s so, so much better than this one. Deone Walker is one of the best prospects I’ve seen since Suh/Ngata. We probably won’t be drafting high enough to get him, but you never know. Brad might trade down from 29 for a future 1st.

If he’s that much I’m out too then.

Interesting to see what DPJ/Reynolds will get

Benito, Evan Brown, Deshon Elliott guys I want for depth.