1b4Idie

8 Likes

Not to hijack the thread, but it fits. I’ve been a Lions fan for over 4 decades. At the end of June, I was diagnosed with aggressive stage 4 stomach cancer. It’s a tough prognosis. I hope I get to see the Lions win a SuperBowl before I die. B4IDIE

30 Likes

We have as good chance as ever the next few years.
:pray:t2: for ya buddy

5 Likes

Is that Okudah?

Sorry to hear that brother.
A few years back I had a bladder cancer scare, it turned out to be a small benign tumor.
Much love and prayers to you.

Do a lot of research on the alternative medicines and diets.

5 Likes

So very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family and hopefully our Lions as well.

2 Likes

When we win, I’m :100: getting a tattoo celebrating the win for my brother

4 Likes

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family man, my mom had the same fight.

3 Likes

You’re way to ■■■■■■■ mean for cancer to get you :wink: I hope you see a goddamn dynasty

6 Likes

@RickOShea
Prayers to you and yours my brother!

3 Likes

@RickOShea
Prayers to you and yours my brother! Praying for complete healing my Lion brother!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear this man. Hope you beat that shit!!

2 Likes

Coming right up, Rick!! Winning a Super Bowl was unthinkable 2 1/2 years ago and look how far we’ve come. The arrow is pointing up and in 18 days we’ll be at Arrowhead. You’re gonna see multiple Super Bowls!! Hang in there.

3 Likes

This isn’t a hijack, Rick. It’s a reminder that life exists outside of football, and it keeps moving regardless of our win/loss record.

I’m pulling for you to get a win brother. The kind that really counts.

10 Likes

Well Said!

2 Likes

So this is my 35th year as a ticketholder, 1988 was my 1st year. My dad has been saying that since the early 90’s and i didn’t understand what he was talking about. I am sure they will win one dad, look at their roster.

Well now I can relate. Please just once before I go. I was close at one point of crossing over when i was involved in a truck accident, had my leg crushed with 80,000 pounds of coors and had to have it amputated on the scene. Was in a coma for 3 days broke 42 bones in my body. That was 17 years ago and still nothing. Not even a playoff win.

If they don’t win one before I go, I left instructions to get the lions to be my pallbearers, so they can let me down one last time

8 Likes

Wow, way to fight on, through it all.

Your last line, fantastic.

4 Likes

That’s true, but sometimes this team is, for worse and better, a nexus for people.

People who might never talk might talk about the Lions. People who might not embrace, might because of a Lions win. People who might not feel by comfortable discussing heartache, will because of the Lions.

They may not deserve it and they may not give it back, but for me the feeling is real.

My brother died a life long lions fan without seeing them win. When we do win, you can bet your patootie I’ll be bawling thinking about him, even if I’m ecstatic.

2 Likes

Sad to hear Rick. Best of everything to go your way.

I used to have and wore this shirt every opening day before I wore it out.

4 Likes

Brother,

I am saddened to hear this tough news for you.

My buddy, he survived stage 4 throat cancer just last year, and another friend beat stage 4 breast cancer once 30 yrs ago and is tracking to do so again.

Just spent yesterday w my good buddy who is 2 years into ALS, and his attitude is high and progression slow.

Hope and love brother, and a big shiny Super Bowl Trophy.

5 Likes