1st Round, Pick 12: Lions Select Alabama RB Jahmyr Gibbs

We’ll praise Brad for the pick in November

11 Likes

Not a chance. Schragger said he was the hottest name this week.

3 Likes

also yes, Gibbs could be used as a reciever

7 Likes

This was my favorite RB in the draft. I figured Dan and AG would see TOO much Alvin Kamara in him to pass up. Instead of settling for “just good enough,” we chose to build on our strength.

13 Likes

With some saying he might even go before Bijan.

I’m not smarter than Brad and therefore, let’s get to work young man.

4 Likes

yeah i did see reports of gibbs rising

not this high though, which is shocking tbh

2 Likes

Feels like we panicked. He’s a solid player but the value at 12 is not there. Would have preferred Gonzo at that spot. If they get a 4th or 5th for Swift I’ll feel a lot better about the pick.

1 Like

The only reason I don’t hate it as much as pretty much any other RB in the 1st is his pass-catching ability. Much better pass-catcher than anyone else in the draft except maybe Kenny McIntosh. IF you’re gonna go after a low-value position in the first, he better bring a high-value skill. Gibbs does that.

15 Likes

Because youve been reading fans saying teams won’t take RBs in the first round, not understanding teams pick players not positions

13 Likes

Give it a few more picks…

2 Likes

Always a man of reason.

4 Likes

Gibbs is gonna be a beast in this offense.

10 Likes

naah,
Kid has been moving up, and I think there isn’t a drastic difference between Bijon and Gibbs.
Second best RB in the draft. Not gonna lose any sleep over this one.

9 Likes

alot of reports and recent mocks this week has shown gibbs rising to the 1st, and even going into the teens

teams were super high on him it seems

1 Like

No, haven’t you been paying attention? Brad Holmes should be fired immediately and the Lions are going 0-17 this year.

2 Likes

Happy to read you’re not angry here. I love Gibbs, but felt it was a little high. However, I def believe he was a Belichick type of guy, so we couldn’t wait if we loved him.

4 Likes

I feel like the Lions are simply adding playmakers on offense. Regardless of position. Get them on the fired and who gives a F what the depth chart says. Get playmakers on the field, and stop me. You can’t. Then when you back up a couple steps - we’ll slam it down your throat with our OL.

6 Likes

Oh I would have gone many different ways myself, but I understand the pick under the umbrella of trying to make the offense crazy explosive, which I’ve been all for. I thought we could wait on RB but like I said, if we’re grabbing one early it would be best if it was one like this. So I don’t hate it.

3 Likes

What a concept. It sounds… productive.

6 Likes

Dude looks tiny out there in his highlights. I mean, Bryce Young dwarfs him, and I thought Bryce was small.

5-8, maybe 190.

3 Likes