2 Different Path to Rebuilds

Detroit’s compared to Houston’s rebuild. Talks about the youth movement Detroit is going with. We will definitely be watching some ugly football but these youngsters will be getting valuable game time experience which will benefit the growth of the team as opposed to Houston slapping a band-aid on everything and rebuilding with the oldest roster in the NFL. Houston truly is a dumpster fire.

3 Likes

Also mentioned good move getting rid of Jamie Collins.

Maybe Pastor Easterby will guide Nick Caserio to trade for him to add to their dumpster.

Caserio was in New England when Collins was there…
so why not?

1 Like

Jamie Collins for Brandin Cooks. We can hire Bill O’Brien as a sh!tty trade lobbiest to convince the Texans that it’s a good deal.

3 Likes

While I prefer Detroits method (I think it is smarter long term) I can understand Caserio. Houston has a history of short leashes. If he took the long road he may never be around to see the fruits of his labor. Holmes was given a 6 year deal with the understanding it would take time to rebuild so he had the luxory of going young and developing the youngsters.

5 Likes

The 2nd sentence in the quote above is exactly why the 1st sentence doesn’t ring true for me.

Nick Caserio waited for years to get a chance as a GM outside New England… and had plenty of time to watch Bill O’Brien light that dumpster fire… but still chose to go there.

Even before Watt and Watson asked to get of town… he was looking at a roster with 1 WR hitting UFA, 1 WR that is a concussion away from being retired, old RBs, a poor O-line, and the best players on defense were already 30+yo.

And… the cap situation wasn’t great and they had given up their most valuable magic beans. For a guy who watched Belichick hoard draft picks and cut veterans before they stuck like sour milk… Caserio seems to have not learned a damned thing from either guy named Bill.

2 Likes

This puritanical Rasputin, Easterby, may be as much to blame as Caserio, no ? I don’t see how being a “character development” coach here & there qualifies you to be in charge of football operations, contracts, etc ,as this guy seems to be.

It’d be fun for you guys & suck for Goff if Deshaun’s sinful ways got him traded to DET for the squeaky clean Goff & those firsts next year to appease the moral masses of Texas & this latterday Oliver Cromwell.

Honestly, I reaaaaaalllly wanted McSnead to buy low on DeShaun, rather than Stafford, even if it cost even more picks.

Easterby is a snake.

This juxtaposition gives me serious cognitive dissonance…and wonderful visuals.

I’m hoping Matt and Trey pick this up and run with it as a next in line to Book of Mormon

Cooks literally is the best player on that team right now. While I’d love him on the Lions (and he has history with Goff) I think it’d take a lot more than Collins to pry him away.

Of course it would. That’s why I made the O’Brien comment.

GIF by Captain Obvious