2022 NFL mock draft: New 3-round projections at regular season's end

1. Aiden Hutchinson DE Michigan
  2. Drake London WR USC
  3. Daxton Hill S Michigan
  4. Sam Howell QB North Carolina

Works for me

I would really like this draft, but gotta say I would’ve taken Walker in the 1st and Jameson in the 2nd in this scenario.

I think I might just take London and Williams

2 Likes

Yeah, I could get behind that.

I have a lot of confidence in Brad finding a safety on day three. Or maybe with the KG pick.

1 Like

I think we resign Walker and grab another starting caliber safety in FA making safety less of a need. I think the KG comp pick is the perfect slot for drafting one.

Picking nits. It was published on Janurary 13, when #27 was a possibility. We’ll be drafting later. They were sloppy in listing Coby Bryant as a QB and drafting him right at QB Ridder.

I would be fine with that draft, though Howell won’t be there. Everybody wants to mock a QB to the Lions early, it seems.

2 Likes

Howell in any round is a mistake, in that scenario we are looking for a LB.

2 Likes

Did you listen to the Jim Nagy podcast with the Pride of Detroit podcast. Kind of makes me want Channing Tindall and I love Domann of course. The latter covers like he’s a slot corner even though he’s 235 pounds.

Tindall’s one of my favorite day 2 options at LB, though as with all the Georgia LBs they benefitted greatly from the play of the line in front of them. Will be interesting to see how he does at the Senior Bowl. I’d have Domann in that range too if it weren’t for his age, but I know that doesn’t bother you as much.

Nagy said his game speeds are equivalent to a 4.46 guy.

I like that “game speed” is being used more and more as a metric. Will probably be promoted a lot by Nagy and the rest of the Senior Bowl staff since they’ve been in bed with Next Gen Stats for awhile now. Hopefully it will become as commonplace as the 3-cone has become.

1 Like

Yeah. I get that Nagy pumps up the Senior Bowl guys but the question was highlighting specific LBers as fits for the Lions and he opined that we need speed and that Tindall, Domann and Clark would all help with that. But Tindall was the first guy out of his mouth.

And he LOVES Danny Gray and thinks he’d be an ideal compliment to St. Brown. Generally speaking Nagy and I tend to like the same guys often. Barnes last year being an example.

I like how explosive Gray is, but I think he’ll struggle a ton to get off the line of scrimmage. We’ll get to see next week but if he struggles that makes him a better fit as a slot receiver and as you know, we already have one of those. Also I think he’s basically a 0 as a run blocker, and I don’t know that we’ll be interested in guys like that. He is pretty thrilling with the ball in his hands, though.

The first thing I want on any LB’s resume for us is “coverage”. Our D seems to get dinked and dunked no matter who is coaching.

He’s not tiny so I think that will come. He’s raw as rain of course. I just really want two WRs with one being an contested catch chain mover and the other being someone that terrifies opposing DCs.

1 Like

Relative to LBers Domann is a 10/10 when it comes to coverage. He’s very Pete Werner like but I think he’s even more explosive and better as a blitzer.

1 Like

Listening to the podcast right now, interesting his take on ALL of the LB’s and that Barnes needs to play more. Gotta say, I like a good party and the description of that place fits the bill. Head coaches sitting at tables in bars together having beers, seems like a very approachable atmosphere. Spring training used to be like that in Florida, not any more but I still like to go.