2022 Surprise (Defense)

The coaches have indicated that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
I can see how that could happen, and I choose to hope in it happening. These guys should have pretty good communication and one unit will feed off the other, call each other out and support each other at the same time. It’s the Dan Campbell way.
So that’s my feeling. I don’t discount all the people that are pointing out the deficiencies, because they are usually right. LOL
But I feel like this team has a surprise waiting for Philly, and the rest of the teams on our schedule better take notice.
Yes, I have a sense of detachment that can limit the emotional plunge if it all turns to crap. But can also enjoy the games if there is signs of real growth. (a cinderella season would be so much more fun though.)

2 Likes

That Bears D is no great shakes even with Quinn and Roquan…

The starters played the 1st half minus the last drive and held Pitt to 3 fgs. Tge steelers plsyed their 1st string the entire 1st half

I think so too. This game could be HIGHLY entertaining.
Coach Dan was ready for the loss of V, but it will still be a factor.
Be ready for trick plays and aggressive play calling on both sides of the ball.
I think Coach Dan has a plan for this one…

Thor Ragnarok Flex GIF by Marvel Studios

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts!

1 Like

I think the offenses and quarterbacks we face will have a lot to do with that. We miss most of the top tier quarterbacks this year. The few we do face have questions along their offensive lines.

1 Like

You know, I wouldn’t put money on this or anything, but I can see it…

If we can stop the run a little better than last year, I think our pass rush will improve and help the secondary. It all adds up.

If were going to be good this year, I feel like the ticket is to be good running the ball, stopping the run, and hanging around in games. “In the deep waters”.

Now, I don’t know how that works if you are in the deep waters and you see a light at the end of the tunnel. If its train maybe they can just sort of get floated to the side or something.

Anticipate Discovery Channel GIF by Shark Week
Like a Nate Diaz fight! Take 'em into deep water and drown 'em!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.