2022 Top 100 Free Agents

There’s probably some truth to that. I think he’s a quality safety, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want Marcus Williams added as well…or even another safety in the draft.

Over a 17 game season that extrapolates to 119 catches and 1,360 yard for Hockenson and 119 catches and 1,615 yards for St. Brown. For Swift that is 68 catches for 595 for Swift.

Hockenson is more like in the 5 catches a game for 50-60 yards. St. Brown is likely a 6 catch a game guy with 60-70 yards If we draft a rookie high and make him the #1 he is probably looking at 4 catches a game for 50-60 yards (my guess is more of a big play threat so higher YPC. Swift is around 3-4 catches for 35 yards. Reynolds/Cephus is probably 4 catches for 40 yards. Maybe another 2-3 catches for 20-30 yards throughout the rest.

Averages out to about 25 completions a game for roughly 260-270 passing yards per game. That may be a little high depending on how much we run vs pass in 2022. You can probably knock that down by another 10-20 yards to around 250 per game which would put us slighly above average compared to this year.

1 Like

So at 27 or 30…if Williams Burks and Lloyd are there…who ya takin?

Personally I think this Williams injury will take Burks off the board for us…he’ll float up to the next tier. I think Wilson, Olave and Burks will go between 10-23 and London could go in there too…

Raiders, Eaglesx3, NE, Jets, Pats, Browns, Saints…that’s a lot of WR needy teams from 10-23.

1 Like

I think if Williams, Burks and Lloyd are there, I would take Lloyd. Turning the Defence around this off season should be the biggest priority. Adding an edge rusher like Hutchinson and an inside linebacker like Lloyd would go a lot further than adding a Wide Receiver. There will be WRs available in FA and further along in the draft. Where as after Lloyd and Dean and maybe The Penn State Linebacker I think there’s a bigger dropoff where you aren’t getting a major upgrade.

Yeah I think I have to agree with you. I’m a big fan of Lloyd

1 Like

I’d pick Lloyd at #24, so yeah, I’d be thrilled to get him later. Burks would be great too. But I’ll change my mind 15 times before the Senior Bowl, so…

It’s fun musing and guessing, but there’s so much between here and there.

1 Like

If my Dr.'s sign off on Williams I’m really tempted to go that route. I think he if right is precisely what this offense need and that adding that kind of player makes Hock, Swift and St. Brown in the short passing game that much better.

Ultimately though I think I’d have to opt for Lloyd and the much higher floor.

But we badly need a WR that keeps defenses honest. If that’s instead trading for Brandin Cooks or Calvin Ridley that’s cool with me as well.

I really do think Walker will be back and I don’t think it’ll break the bank to do it. 6-9 million a year deal keeps everyone happy

2 Likes

With Pickens coming back and playing 8 months after his ACL injury, it’s conceivable that Williams could be ready to play in, say, late September. I would think with more than 3 months before the draft a lot would be known about Williams’s recuperation by that time, and so drafting would not be as much of a crap shoot as it first appeared to me.

His injury came without contact. I wonder if his other knee could be evaluated to see if it’s prone to a similar non-contact injury.

B.Perriman (#26) and C.Harris (#22) were former 1rst round picks. Never lived up to expectations and were looking to revive their careers in Detroit. One worked out…the other one didn’t.

Sticking with the revival theme of former high draft picks looking for a fresh start -

• Jaylon Smith LB (NYG 2nd #34 overall)
    Cut by Dallas and picked up by the Giants mid-season. With Judge out in New York, J.Smith could look for greener pastures. Uber athletic LB…would he have a role on this Lions defens? Anzalone, Barnes, J.Smith, and a draft pick? We’d have some talent at the LB position.

• Solomon Thomas DE/Edge (LVR 1rst rd. #3 overall)
    Could he fill the role of N.Williams? He can play the 4 technique (DE) and swing out to the edge if we ever need it. Positional versatility, would the price be right? He signed a 1 year deal in Vegas. Played all 17 games but under %50 of the defensive snaps. Would he be looking for a larger role in a defense?

• Will Hernandez OG (NYG 2nd rd. #34 overall)
    Another Giant that will almost certainly be looking for a new home in 2022. I really liked this kid coming out of UTEP, but he has never played up to his high draft status. There may be something for H.Fraley to work with and I wouldn’t expect Hernandez to break the bank. You can never have enough good O-lineman. I’d sign him with the intent to keep Vatai, and see what happens in camp.

Could these guys be targets for the Lions in March?

1 Like

Jaylon Smith’s knee may be shot… he doesn’t have much explosiveness left from what he showed this year.

Williams’ knee injury was simply a case of planting his foot and trying to make a cut at full speed. Could happen to anybody… and if his rehab is on schedule come late April… hope he is available when Lions are on clock in late 1st round.

Lloyd, no question or hesitation on that one.

1 Like

I’m all for taking Josey Jewell in FA AND drafting a LB. IF we don’t get one of those guys, Chad Muma is my guy.

1 Like

I liked Jewell a lot coming out of Iowa. How has he fared as a pro?

He was hurt this year but put up huge in 2020, 113 combined tackles. Pectoral tear this year, he played right inside LB for Denver.

Solomon Thomas would be a great add, exactly the kind of guy we need in FA.

The Broncos fans I know aren’t big fans of him. Struggles mightily in coverage, apparently.

Yep, in 2018 QB rating was 123.8 , then 91.4, then 80.4, then 70.1 last season but only 2 games before he was injured. The point is, he’s trending in the right direction. In 2020 he had 1011 D snaps. and average completion was good for 5 yards.

I wonder if Darius Williams is going to be a prime target.

1 Like