2024 NFL mock draft: Detroit Lions select Chop Robinson with pick No. 29

To me, it’s a very risky pick.

I think he’s a JAG, not necessarily a Jaguar.

Every year teams reach for players like him. Rarely does it work out and usually it ends in a bust. Athletic traits without production are a big red flag.

No thanks @ 29.

At 29 you don’t need to reach and hope for the best.

I do not see Chop being the pick for us at 29. I think a defender falls to us that we are not expecting OR a QB falls to us and we trade down.

If we pick him after a trade down… ok. But I think Socko’s assessment may be on. I think he is a higher risk prospect that we pass on.

Almost feels like a mock that is forcing an edge. Brad isn’t going to play that game.

Chop could easily end up being one the best players in this draft class. Von Miller ish. I can’ see him dropping to us tbh

I think he’s been productive on a per snaps basis.
In his last 750 snaps he’s had 8 sacks with 52 qb hurries.

Dallas turner has 16 sacks with 54 qb hurries in his last 1,300 snaps.

He’s raw and hasn’t had a lot of playing time but he has been productive when on the field. When you add his physical traits I think he is a first round pick.

However I think we go another direction. He would be playing the slb position for us and I think we got that covered. Houston and Betts on passing downs and like we saw last year Barnes and Campbell will get some time there also.

Assuming Betts pans out and if he doesn’t we are still in decent shape and still could add someone later in the draft.

2 Likes

You know…

Draft already. I’m about mocked out.

3 Likes

Hear ya.

1 Like

Ew.

A phrase you don’t want associated w/your team’s possible 1st-round draft pick: “shocking lack of production on the field.”

1 Like

The consensus everywhere is that Chop would not be the kind of player Holmes would pick.

They would have to believe they can develop him.
If any staff could …

I think if you polled opposing offensive coordinators who played against PSU when Chop was on the field you would also reach a consensus. He is the most disruptive wrecking machine on the field and he needs to be blocked with 2 guys. The production numbers are down because he missed 2 games in the middle of the season and played limited snaps when he returned.

Hes one of the few players i dont want to draft at 29.

1 Like

He was fourth in pressure rate in college football. So the question is why wasn’t his sack production higher? If the answer is he can’t finish, then no I don’t think he’s a Lion. But are there other explanations? Because IMO, he looks the part and pressure rate is production to some degree…

The article also said his tacking is sound, so…?

“Funny” thing is that last year the Lions were all-world at putting pressure on QBs but not getting sacks. In that respect, at least, the Chopster would fit right in.

1 Like

Every time I watched him I came away thinking I’d like the other DE better.

Normally I’d be out on a guy like Chop but at #29 pickings will be limited in reality.

If Koolaid is gone and Holmes doesn’t LOVE an Olineman Chop could be the pick. A poor man’s Parsons is still a nice roulette spin at #29.