2024 Top NFL Free Agents

CBs is the #1 need , but you go sign Jaylon Johnson and with out a pass rush he can struggle. To Sign a big time CB and ignore the pass rush can result in a similar out come to what we had and would be neglect. If you wanna fix the problem you need to take care of both. Depending on Houston while losing The Romeo and Julian plus Harris is not a good plan. That spot is almost as big of need as your CB.

My list of needs is
#1 CB
#2 DE
G
WR
DT
#4 CB
OT

3 Likes

Fixed it for you. If you give the QB 3.5 seconds plus on a regular basis no CB in the NFL is going to be able to cover. That is just fact.
We need another DE that is above average so teams just canā€™t scheme to shut down Hutch.
I would go as far as say get another great DE and you can go with a lesser CB1

2 Likes

Damm you got me for a sec, thought I miss spelled a word again.

1 Like

Well if thatā€™s the case then we should make a run at Jones. It may mean thatā€™s one less good player we can keep in the next year or two.

But Chris Jones plus average CB play and this defense is elite.

1 Like

I hope we could get a good de and cb. Thing is in the past we would have to overpay for a quality FA. Now we may be high on a lot of FA list as a preferred destination so Iā€™m stoked about this off season

2 Likes

I think you could monkey with the contract some with void years and that where he gets paid but it still allows us to keep our guys

1 Like

Agreed. I am wondering the samw question and keep coming back to FA is to be used to find complementary pieces and the draft is for the cornerstones. The window stays open longer when the cap is good and we are hitting on picks. Good thing we have the best GM in football.

3 Likes

Indeed, this is where im at rn

I know we all want the big FA names but as Brad said, thats not always possible

I have no reason to doubt him right now, in Brad we Trust.

2 Likes

Lā€™Jarius Sneed top of the list.

If weā€™re shopping in that tier abso-freaking-lute ky. Kind of doubt that we are.

2 years ago we had too many needs to focus on a single stud as we were not close. We are now where one or two players can put us over the top. A top tier CB and edge could bring home the Bacon.

4 Likes

I would embrace it for sure. If he even hits the market.

IIRC Mahomes has a big roster bonus incoming that they can spread out. The Chiefs did that contract in a way that they can make that extra big ticket item or too work. I mean eventually the bill comes do of course.

There is 2 void years so they can move some of the money into those void years

QBā€™s usually hold a teams cap back. But honestly, cap can be managed fine.

In my opinion, the time is now. Give Allen, or Burns, and Fuller whatever the hell they want. Add Mike Evans also.

On top of all these great players on rookie deals, and others still developing, And keep drafting well.

Then go win the damn superbowl! Youā€™d be by far the best team in the league.

Actually, Iā€™d give Burns, and Jones whatever they wanted.

Who the hell would beat this team?

1 Like

Gilmore recorded a career-high 68 tackles (54 solo) while adding two interceptions on 13 passes defended plus a forced fumble over 17 regular-season games in 2023.

The 33-year-old cornerback showed he still has plenty left in the tank while not missing a game for the first time since 2019. Gilmore is a free agent this offseason and isnā€™t guaranteed to be back in Dallas, as the Cowboys have younger options in DaRon Bland and Trevon Diggs (knee) to handle the starting jobs on the outside, but the veteranā€™s savvy and coverage skills should still give him plenty of suitors.

2 Likes

Jaylon Johnson CB Bears would be a nice 4 to 5 year signing. D.J. Wonnum Edge from Vikes

Not sure how many but they would be a nice couple.

1 Like

The problem fellas is we canā€™t get too high on a CB. Donā€™t get me wrong, we need one. But the problem is that if theyā€™re REALLY good, they donā€™t even hit FA. Moseley was an oddity of a signing because heā€™s a beast. Sucks about the injury, but a healthy Moseley instantly makes Cam a solid #2.

That does not mean donā€™t go after a good CB. In fact you BETTER go after one.

Just saying that itā€™s not like 10 Sauceā€™s are hitting the market (exaggerated example, I know, just trying to make a point).

3 Likes

Unless some stupid fat bastard drives him off the teamā€¦

Heyyyy, Patricia pick up a job yet?

Character and work ethic wise, he fits like a glove. Scheme wise, I think he is easy to get into the rotation. As silly as it may sound, I am sensitive to ā€œupsetting the locker roomā€ with big money deals for ā€œoutsiders.ā€ I have visions of what the Eagles experienced with the dream team. The lesson Louis Riddick said he learned from that is pay your own first, and when getting big money guys from outsideā€¦he needs to be a player that the other guys can respect how he goes about his business. I think Wilkins is that type of a guy.

2 Likes

I could see DE as a target for us. I donā€™t love the draft options at DE this year.

2 Likes