2025 Draft Capital

1st
2nd
4th
5th
6th (Buccaneers)
7th
7th (Cowboys)

• Our own 3rd was sent to the Jets for the Giovanni Manu pick, and our own 6th was traded to Cleveland for DPJ.
  • We got the 6th from the Buccaneers in the Carlton Davis deal, and we got the 7th from the Cowboys when we traded up for Arnold.
  • We also had the Eagles 4th that we got for Swift, but we traded it back to them as part of the package to get Vaki.

I know some people are bummed out about trading future picks away, but as Brad said in his presser, it’s tough for late round picks to make it onto the roster now, and it will be even tougher next year, so it makes sense to go and get guys he loves rather than drafting more guys all of whom are less likely to make the roster.

4 Likes

I also think next year we’ll be a part of the compensatory game. I think we’ll have more picks by the time draft rolls around next year.

4 Likes

Did he really say:
“It’ll be harder for them to make next season…”
That’s some big boy forethought I tell ya.

3 Likes

That will only be true if someone hires Glenn or Agnew away (highly possible). We won’t be getting any from FA.

I don’t know about Glenn, but I think Agnew will get sniped next year(surprised it didn’t happen this year TBH). That’s just my gut feeling anyway.

1 Like

If we’re good they could both definitely go. We’ll see.

Aren’t the comp picks given the next year? As in we would receive it in 2026?

1 Like

I’m not sure actually. Good question. I thought a lot of teams got compensatory picks this year due to moves made this offseason, but I could be wrong about that.

For the FA signings yes, for coach/GM hirings, no.

2 Likes

Actually i think you’re right because Philly got a couple of there’s from both their coordinators getting nabbed the previous year right?

2025 compensatory picks are based on UFA signings this offseason. Lions aren’t getting any next year.

OTC has the preliminary work done on the compensatory picks, but they will be adjusted for snap counts and honors:

3 Likes

Ah okay.

Holmes did spend a lot of time in the…

“eff them picks” era….

so he may not be worried about having more bullets than most teams.

1 Like

Apparently, if Ray or Aaron get hired in 2025 we get two 3rd comp picks for each. 2 per coach or exec. One in 2025 and one in 2026.

2 Likes