2025 NFL draft: Could another running back be on the Lions’ radar?

He looked good outrunning their secondary.

Depends on the rep I guess. To me this looks 4.6ish

Draftscout has a low to hi with 4.42 and 4.58 hi.

Other take before yesterday…

Johnson has always possessed an extra gear. That’s been on display early and often thus far this season. Johnson already has seven runs of 25-plus yards, including three that have gone for touchdowns.

But, it’s Johnson’s step forward in the physicality department that should have NFL front offices falling all over themselves to add him to their rosters in the very near future.

Per Pro Football Focus, Johnson already has 308 yards after contact.

1 Like

If he rips of a 4.42 at 225 coming off this production then he’s likely a top 3-5 RB in a loaded RB class. I’d expect him to be on the lower end of that but regardless I can definitely see him being a productive part of a committee at the next level. He’s been very impressive. No point denying that.

2 Likes

Next week will be a good test.

He also should be good at the little stuff that keeps a lot of youngsters off the field early. Iowa guys tend to be advanced in terms of the finer points.

1 Like

How has Castro been looking this year?

He’s good in the cash position but I’m not sure how that’s going to translate at the next level.

If you used him as a bigger nickel do you think he could hang in the slot? Speed in the slot would be the concern I presume.

Well, that’s where teams are going to have to decide where he is going to fit. PFF gave him first team honors last season and he’s been solid this year but no matter I doubt he gets drafted until the 3rd just because there is likely to be too many questions that stats can’r answer.

Last question, how has Jarmari Harris looked. Ball production seems quite impressive so far. I know that he’s been through a lot, some self-inflicted. Seems like a nice story.

That whole secondary is going to look a lot better if Parker does what he did vs the Gophers, ie, bringing pressure. The reason why they didn’t score in the 2nd half is because IOWA brought pressure. Harris is likely to get knocked down some but he’s a ball hawk so those numbers are going to add up as the season goes on. IOWA, on both sides of the ball, tends to stick to their plan whether it’s working or not. Glad to see Parker adjust, that secondary is going to thrive if IOWA gets pressure with just the front 4 or thru adjusting and getting to the QB with different looks. I see Harris as a day 3.

1 Like

Thank you. Always informative on that region.

In general as well of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like