3 Lions make list of top 25 rookies of 2022

5 Likes

And kirby isn’t one of them

3 Likes

Yeah that surprises me, but the one thing I like about Jeremiah as opposed to other analysts is he’s willing to move off his priors. Maybe that comes with having the steadiest gig of all of them and from being in the league for awhile where they have to do it, I don’t know, but I appreciate it.

Still not seeing it with Hamilton this year though. I guess I haven’t watched as much of him of late as I did early, maybe he’s gotten better?

1 Like

I also haven’t seen a ton of Hamilton….
but what I did see wasn’t all that impressive.

I don’t think he has the short area quickness to be a great coverage guy in the slot… and he doesn’t have the speed to be a great single high guy… so that limits his ceiling IMO.

or Jamo due to the lack of playing time….
but it’s only a matter of time before the Lions have 5 of the top players from that draft!!!

LFG Holmes!!!

2 Likes

I guess 3 ints, 2 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery wasn’t good enough. Fun fact, Kerby has created more turnovers in 10 career starts than Tracy Walker has in his entire 5 year career. Freaken steal in round 3.

5 Likes

Honestly it wouldn’t shock me if he just wanted to recognize Salyer in that last spot since he’s the play-by-play guy for the Chargers and Salyer’s stepped into a tough spot (replacing Slater) and been pretty good. I bet Kerby’s just outside his top 25.

He should probably be in the top 10 based on the impact he’s had. Making game changing plays. Shit we lose to the Packers without Kerby.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree and he’s on his way to being a playmaking stud. But I will say this: his off games are pretty bad. I’m not worried about it since he’s a rookie and will figure it out with more reps and his playmaking’s so top notch, but I could see Jeremiah taking it into account for this list specifically.

1 Like

As NFL Network was just talking about how great Matt Milano has been playing… it occurred to me that he isn’t all that tall, heavy, or even fast.

The size difference isn’t much…
and Rodrigo is significantly more explosive from a pure athletic standpoint.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. That’s so insane!

1 Like

He’s still fairly new to the position. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by his physicality which was a concern of mine.

1 Like

Yeah he’s been tough as nails, I think our guys have been good for him. I’m definitely really excited, just trying to come up with a reason Jeremiah may have left him off his list.

good point….
I think we all were excited about his balls skills…
but I didn’t expect the heat seeking missile that has forced fumbles!

9 97 31 44 59… tough to top that

93, 82, & 36 still have room to improve….
but have been slowed by injuries.

This draft class could be an all-time great for Lions…

1 Like

and Ra & Sewell from the year before.

if Owuzurike could somehow turn into something, we would start looking for footage of Brad walking on water.

McNeil is solid and Barnes has shown improvement as well albeit slow. If both Iffy and Levi could stay healthy we’d probably be getting mostly positive contributions from them as well. One thing’s for sure and that’s Holmes can identify talent throughout the entirety of a draft and not just the first 3 rounds.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.