4 Raiders players the Detroit Lions could trade for if Las Vegas goes into sell mode

I’m on board with that.

There’s guys in this forum who I trust as sources more than that guy.

4 Likes

Never trust an “inside sources guy”.

3 Likes

I think the Lions hold pat unless there is a major injury. The depth has proven to hold so far. CB looks a bit thin but maybe they love Gilmore. Down our top 2 NB right now. DT has been performing better. WR getting Jamo back. SAF a bit thin but our depth has been awesome there.

The Lions have cap and draft beans to get a good player. With 4 more games before the trade deadline, best to wait and see what your need is then instead of now. Sure the lions could get better at WR, DT, DE, Saf, CB but what if there was an unexpected string of injuries to the LB group?

You’d want to have that cap and beans to make a move then if you felt like that was the biggest hole on the team to get you through to the playoffs and beyond.

I love Maxx but he grew up like 20 minutes from where I live in the Dallas area.

He just went to Eastern.

1 Like

Adding Maxx would be a huge get. I understand people are worried about extensions in the future, but why? That’s 2-3 years down the road we’re looking at guys like Sewell and ARSB, there’s a million things we could do by then to create space. Restructure Ragnow, Decker, etc. Hell, we could restructure Maxx’s deal himself. Look at what these other elite teams are doing to create space - 2-3 years is a lifetime in the NFL and we can always make room.

Sign me up.

I think Johnathan Allen would be the PERFECT player for this team to trade for…1) he’s 28 years old and has 2 years left at 14M and 15M in years that Hutch, Joseph, Jamo, Joseph, Paschal, Gibbs, etc will be under rookie numbers and even Sewell will be in year 5 option…

Our DL would be Hutch, McNeill, J Allen, Comish/Paschal… would would be stout engough against the run (Buggs, Bro Mart rotated in) and we now show the willingness to rotate in Houston, Harris, Barnes and even Jack Campbell to blitz/rush…

I’m not messing around at WR- sorry we don’t know what Jamo is yet, we don’t know what it will take to pay RA yet, and I have no reason to take tarets away from Reynolds nor Raymod… OUR #3 and #4 WR both have PFF grades of 76… are under 29 years old, and Raymonds is alreayd extended with Reynolds as likely candidate… I’d rather ride out with Green, hope he’s something and take a swing in round 3 next year…

I would off 2024 first an Levi O to the Commanders for J Allen and 5th…

Hutch, McNeill, Allen, Commish

Barnes, Campbell, Anzalone

Sutton, Branch, Joseph, Mosely

• rotate in Jacobs, C Harris, Rodrigo, Paschal, Houston… I LOVE THIS

next year draft

• 2: OG

• 3: WR

• 3: Edge

• 5: OG

• 6: RB

• 7: K

• Remaining contract length to start next year…
    Decker- 1
    Rookie OG- 4
    Ragnow- 3
    Sorsdal/Rookie OG: 3/4
    Sewell- 2

Goff- 1
Monty- 2
Gibby- 4
ASB- 1
Reynolds- 2 (he will extend I presume)
Leaf- 2
Jamo- 3
LaPorta- 3
Mitchell- 2

Hutch- 3
Paschal- 2
Comish- 1
Houston- 1
J Allen- 2
McNeill- 1
Buggs- 1
Bro Mart- 3
Anzalone- 2
Barnes- 1
Campbell- 4
Sutton- 2
Joseph- 2
Branch- 3
Walker- 1

WE NEED TO SIGN A CB LONG TERM- Sign Goff and ASB back and that is a deep playoff contender already

1 Like

What if the sources come with a 100% guarantee!?

Lions get Crosby

Raiders get Houston, Paschal and a 3rd rounder.

That would be my offer. The Raiders get some young edge players to replace Crosby and we take on the big money of Crosby. 3rd round bean to sweeten the deal.

3 Likes

I based that solely upon his comment in the video to Sewell.

If there’s one thing Brad has shown, he’s willing to zig when others expect him to zag.

We didn’t expect the CJGJ signing, didn’t expect a RB or LB in the first round. He’s got his vision for the future of the team and we should not be surprised if he makes a big move at the deadline after patiently building through the draft. I kind think we expect him to stay the course and remain patient. But really, they are a top 5 NFC team and a lot can happen over a year (key injuries etc.). The Lions are within striking distance of competing for the conference and that’s a real thing.

2 Likes

I just think I’d rather have that money available for our guys. The current group is going to get expensive rather soon.

2 Likes

Very reasonable and sounds like Holmes.

1 Like

Crosby is the perfect Lion! He would fit like a glove. Maybe he pushes the Raiders to make it happen

2 Likes

I think we will see a deal the week before our bye. Gives the incoming players an extra week to acclimate

Barring injury, its either an elite DL or a big body WR. Possibly DB if we dont getCJGJj back

If you want to go and get Crosby, I will let them figure out the cap. But it sure seems like there will be some extensions this coming year. That need to be accounted for.

That was my caveat to the trade idea.
Add in BH ability to find talent via the draft and those 3 or 4 picks they were offering could be future starting OL or elsewhere.

1 Like

Only if its that easy

Michael J Fox Pepsi GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

1 Like

It will be interesting to see if Holmes takes a swing this year, he’s done it during the draft but never in season. Obviously this season is different in that the team is winning and expecting to make a playoff run, but looking at the roster I think there’s only one position where it makes sense.

QB - No
RB - If Gibbs and D-Mo are healthy, no, although an upgrade on Reynolds would be nice
WR - With Jamo in the mix, and lots of good pass catchers at TE and RB, there is no need here
TE - Even if LaPorta gets hurt a big trade for a TE makes no sense at all
OL - No. If two of our starters are out it’s still one of the best lines in the league
DL - If the last two weeks are representative of what this group is then there is no need here either. There’s lots of depth and young, hungry players in this group
LB - No. Anzalone, Barnes, Campbell and Rodrigo can hold the fort here
DB - Maybe. A CB on a multi-year deal does make sense here as it’s a long term need, would upgrade CB2 and provide needed depth at a key position

2 Likes

Yes or No, would you trade a late-first round pick for a sure fire Pro Bowl defensive end, who is young and helps immediately, and is a perfect culture fit.

The draft has broken some of you.

Yes, I would. And, I’d include Houston and a day three pick too.

1 Like