4 Raiders players the Detroit Lions could trade for if Las Vegas goes into sell mode

From a money standpoint, Peters seems the most likely candidate, but if the Lions wanted him, I think they would have signed him as a FA. Additionally, I don’t know that he fits the Lions “team first” mentality.

Crosby would be the perfect Lions fit. Grew up in Michigan. A Lions fan.

I hadn’t seen the Sewell/Crosby video before discussing DC and Lions.
Article had this trade offer for the Lions to acquire Crosby and said the Lions have the room, with the caveat that they have some big names coming up for extensions as well.

Proposed Trade, would it be enough?

• Lions get: Maxx Crosby and a 2024 6th round pick
  • Raiders get: James Houston, 2024 1st round pick, 2024 third round pick from the Vikings and the 2025 4th round pick from the Eagles.

Trading for Crosby would be a bold move for any team that might be thinking about it. Could the Lions do it before the deadline? The chances are very slim, but the NFL is a “never say never” business and nothing can every be 100 percent ruled ou

Thats a hell of a lot to give up.

4 Likes

Just no. I do not see any reason for the Lions to make any trades at this time. Least of all giving up that much for 1 player kind of goes against what Holmes has shown he is willing to do.

2 Likes

Me neither. That’s the main reason why I created a separate post.

1 Like

That’s a lot to give up, even if the 3d Rd pick from the Vikings is eliminated.

3 Likes

Agreed. I love Crosby and combining him with Hutch would give us the best pass rushing duo in the NFL. He is also only 26 years old so he has many prime years left. With Crosby, if this team stayed healthy they would be right up there with San Fran and Philly.

With that said, that is too much to give up for a guy with that big a contract. I just couldn’t do it. Houston still has high end pass rushing potential on a very cheap contract. If anything I’d give up Houston and our 1st rounder. Maybe I’d though in the 2025 4th it push came to shove, but I would not give up anything additional.

Crosby fits everything this team and coaching staff is about though.

1 Like

I’m confused why people think this is too much. This is a steal. Some of you are still obsessed with beans. With all due respect, we are not getting a Maxx Crosby-level player with a late-first round pick in 2024.

If the Lions were to acquire Crosby, they are immediate Super Bowl contenders. Isn’t that the point?

9 Likes

How many teams does this now make as a trade partner? Seems like every other day there is a new scenario.

Immediately, no.

But the guy Crosby has been compared to, Jared Allen, was also a 4th Rd pick, No. 126 overall, in 2004. And, Crosby himself was taken in the 4th Rd, No. 106 overall, in 2019.

So, yes, you can get those types of players (if you’re lucky) with a late-first round pick in 2024, but it’s the experienced, proven, immediate return vs the potential down the road.

Although you’re right about one thing: why would the Raiders trade Crosby for anything less than significant compensation?

1 Like

Why not?

It worked so well the last time the Raiders traded a pro bowl level edge rusher…. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

for a refresher if needed…

Bears also then traded Mack to the Chargers prior to the 2022 draft for a 2nd round pick… which became Jaquan Brisker.

Horrible value taking Jacobs in the first.
:innocent:

I would drive Houston to the airport myself if this was the trade.

You become superbowl contenders instantly. Crosby makes your D Line go from solid to top of the line. The D Line being that much better makes your secondary that much better.

Crosby-Alim-Buggs-Hutch with Commish-Okwara-Jones-Harris-Martin-Levi O and Paschal and Baby OK Bro to come off IR still that a depth D Line with great potential

1 Like

With all due respect, we got Amon Ra St. Brown in the 4th round, LaPorta and Branch in the 2nd.

1 Like

This guy is claiming the Lions are kicking the tires on Jonathon Allen of the Commanders, Jeffrey Simmons of the Steelers. Not sure if he’s credible, but if so it appears Holmes is focused on adding a beast in the middle of the DL.

1 Like

I would do it. We’d still have our 2nd and 3rd to go after WR (in a deeeeep class) and/or DT/OT/QB whatever. Just pretend Crosby is the 1st round pick, we could still have a great haul.

But I don’t think they trade him this year for the salary cap implications listed. It makes more sense to trade him next offseason.

Crosby seems like a very special player and it would be like saying you can find an ARSB late because Lions did

I don’t think it’s too much to give up and I love Houston but if I’m Raiders
I don’t think I’m getting enough for Crosby

imagine Crosby on a contending team that’s well coached considering what he’s been able to accomplish in a chaotic situation. He might be even better -

The Titans just signed Simmons to a long-term contract

Jeffery Simmons signed a 4 year, $94,000,000 contract with the Tennessee Titans, including a $24,000,000 signing bonus, $59,330,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,500,000. In 2023, Simmons will earn a base salary of $1,330,000 and a signing bonus of $24,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $6,350,575 and a dead cap value of $47,830,000.

That strikes me as rumor based upon pre-signing trade rumors. Add in the fact that all of the teams in the AFC South are 2-2, the Titans are still in the playoff hunt for the division.

Jonathan Allen signed a 4 year, $72,000,000 contract with the Washington Football Team, including a $30,000,000 signing bonus, $35,642,235 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $18,000,000. In 2023, Allen will earn a base salary of $14,000,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $21,441,168 and a dead cap value of $32,500,000.

If the reason the Commanders are willing to trade him is because he’s underperforming, then why would the Lions want an expensive contract under that circumstance?

And, if he’s performing well, why would the Commanders trade him? Doesn’t make sense.

The link at the bottom of that article lists a trade to the Broncos for a 7th with us getting Cam Fleming back. I made that same suggestion a couple weeks ago. Much better OT insurance then we currently have.

Yeah, he’s claiming he has an inside source. Just passing it along.