49ers left 'hurting'; Shanahan stands by coaching

Lord, this is RICH coming from them.

Ya’ll had NO business in that Super Bowl anyway.

4 Likes

Right on.

They should be happy. They made it one game further than they deserved.

4 Likes

Two games further

5 Likes

See remember that debate we always have about being a contender every year but maybe not winning the big one vs suck a lot but win 1 super bowl…

The Rams method worked better than the 49ers IMO. 49ers have a lot more playoff wins but nothing but heartbreak the past 5 years

5 Likes

The current version of the Buffalo Bills from the 90’s?

List of Buffalo Bills Super Bowl losses
Super Bowl XXV, Jan. 27, 1991: New York Giants 20, Buffalo Bills 19
Super Bowl XXVI, Jan. 26, 1992: Washington Redskins 37, Buffalo Bills 24
Super Bowl XXVII, Jan. 31, 1993: Dallas Cowboys 52, Buffalo Bills 17
Super Bowl XXVIII, Jan. 30, 1994: Dallas Cowboys 30, Buffalo Bills 13

2 Likes

Those poor Bills fans. So close but yet so far. And I do kinda like the Bills.

2 Likes

By one point in 1991, ouch.
Poor Jim Kelley.

1 Like

They’ll never win a Super Bowl with Brock Purdy.

Just like they’d never have won one with Jimmy G.

You can’t cheap out on the most valuable position in the game.

2 Likes

Shanny wanted Stafford as well :man_shrugging:

It isn’t a drop off between Stafford and Purdy. It’s a death plummet.

I agree. I think that there is a non-zero chance that the 49ers make a run at Kirk.

It’s February and you’ve already reached your non-zero usage limit. Any further uses require a $5 chip in the VIP Swear Jar.

1 Like

I tend to agree… then again they spent 3 first rounders to trade up for Trey Lance and have still made 2 super bowls despite him being a disaster. Pretty wild really.

They aren’t “cheaping out,” they are just stupid with how they allocate their resources. Matt Millen absolutely SUCKED! But it wasn’t because the Ford’s were cheap at GM. Millen made good money.

Let’s ride the John Matthew Stafford train for a second (I gotta say his full name out of respect). The 49ers traded a 2nd round pick to acquire Jimmy G, then gave him Matt Stafford money. Years later they gave up essentially the same trade package to acquire Trey Lance as the Rams gave up to acquire Matt Stafford. Both players were “worth” two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder in separate trades.

It was said that you can’t win if you are paying a QB like Matt Stafford the kind of money he was making. It was also said that you can’t give up that kind of compensation for a QB like Stafford and expect to have enough of a team around him to win. The 49ers were paying Stafford money AND they made the big trade for Stafford…but didn’t have Matt Stafford to show for it. They had Jimmy G and Trey Lance.

Ouch.

2 Likes

Two.

or the Vikings from the 70’s

Minnesota Vikings Super Bowl Appearances.

1970 SB-IV Lost to Chiefs 23-7
1974 SB-VIII lost to Dolphins 24-7
1975 SB-IX Lost to Steelers 16-6
1977 SB-XI Lost to Raiders 32-14

The 49ers have won 5 SB’s I don’t feel sorry for them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.