49ers sign Lions RFA Brock Wright to offer sheet

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1773779337046565214?t=b9A9mIRDd1xNwzMYxup47A&s=19

Gotta imagine they will match it, unless the niners drastically overpaid.

3 Likes

At what price is it worth keeping wright? A one yr tender. Or start over on your TE 2 in the draft? I like wright but I also like a few TE in this draft even know they say this is a weak draft for them. I see value in the mid rounds wish we had a 4th rd pick.

2 Likes

RFA offers are a 1-year deal. Can other teams offer more than one year?
It stands to reason the 49ers offered something more than Detroit, either more money, longer contract or both.
Interesting that he’ll back up an Iowa TE either way.
I have to think the Lions match unless it’s got some poison pill in the offer, or is a massive overpay.

I was surprised he even got the tender, and wasn’t flat out resigned for less.

Really curious to see what the 49ers gave him.

Brock, Brock, Brooo-oooock
The Wright Stuff

1 Like

Time to ride with Mitchell and Draft a guy to develop. Don’t overpay a TE 2. I think his tender will be at over $3 million.

1 Like

Whew!! So glad to see we have 5 days to match. I thought Brock Left

1 Like

The Lions gave him a tender of $3M. The 49ers signed Wright to an offer sheet and of course it’s going to be more than $3M . . . it has to.

Yes, probably more money and at least 2 years, but we will see.

Without knowing the terms, I think we will match it.

1 Like

Niners….we should do the same thing to one of their RFAs

6 Likes

49ers see this as their one year to make a run, and Detroit is in their way.

5 Likes

The only RFA that SF tendered was a 2nd round tender to Jauan Jennings for $4.89M, but it would cost us a 2nd round pick to sign him (I’ll pass). There is no compensation if we decline the offers sheet on Wright.

3 Likes

You already know what I’m gonna ask… if we don’t match do we get any…

But I think we should match and keep him.

good morning coffee GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

1 Like

and no there is no compensatory pick for losing a RFA :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

We didn’t tender Brock Wright for a 2nd round pick tender??? Damnt it

2 Likes

I have a gift for you at the combine… spoiler alert it is a crack pipe loaded with coffee beans.

Wright is the blocking TE and is actually good at what he does, or the 49’ers wouldn’t be trying to poach. Mitchell is not a good blocker. This is a week TE draft class so it’s unlikely to find a player as good as Wright with one of their 4 day 3 picks.
Unless it is some kind of crazy over payment I expect Holmes to match.
It could possibly be a multi-year deal. Holmes seems pretty allergic to those so that may be what interested Wright.

1 Like

I’ll bang a coffee rock. Why not

1 Like

Losing Brock Wright would potentially force the Lions into drafting a TE somewhere this year. They need him back.

1 Like

I am not giving you a thumbs up on this one.

1 Like