49ers trade entire future to move up/Dolphins move with Eagles

We received a 2nd round pick to move down 1 spot to take Roy Williams, then a few years later we flipped Roy Williams for a 1st and a 3rd.

Okay that’s all I got.

3 Likes

Yeah but that’s far from certain. I would think they have a specific player (position) in mind if they’re giving up a 1st, a player they’re jumping the Lions to get so I think receiver is the play for them.

This should cancel out all that “non-QB” crap. A QB is going to SF at 3.

1 Like

This is VERY interesting.

What’s the plan at 2 now? No Zach Wilson to NYJ? They (the Eagles) apparently were planning for them to pass on him.

Still in play. If Lance or Fields is on the board at 7, there will be teams clamoring to get ahead of Carolina. It’s the top 4 QB’s, then the drop to Mac Jones. Us tying ourselves to Goff makes teams less nervous about having to get ahead of us, but instead view us as the perfect trade partner because the #4 QB will not get past Carolina at 8.

3 Likes

I’d be very surprised if Cinci neglects OL with their first pick. It’s not a great tackle class in my opinion and they can take a premier tackle prospect at 5. We’ll see.

3 Likes

Never mind, I read that tweet wrong. This locks in Wilson at 2. They only would’ve traded up for Wilson. They must not have because he wouldn’t have been there.

1 Like

doubt the # 4 QB gets past pick 4 (Atlanta) or 5 (Cincy in a trade down). I think people see this years QB class as way better than next year’s.

Look at this trade. Our GM was completely inept last year. Makes me sick to see this trade.

5 Likes

You are probably right. But who really knows at QB. How is Jones viewed? Latest mock has NE taking him at 9 and Carolina not drafting a QB at 8. If teams see the top 4 go, we could still be looking at teams trying to get ahead of Carolina even in a bit of a reach for Jones. After him, biiiiig drop to fill in the blank. But most have Jones as the #5 guy. Hey a guy can dream until the pick is in…

You only make that trade back up with the Eagles if you know it is going to go QB, QB, QB and you have three guys you love so it doesn’t matter who goes #4 and #5. My guess is it is Chase/Sewell/Pitts.

I think personally think a QB goes #4 whether Atlanta takes one or trades down. Cincy needs to add a player like Pitts and Miami takes Sewell leaving us with Chase.

True - all this maneuvering does drive Jone’s value up… as high as 5, 6, or 7, who knows.

I would take Sewell or Parsons!!

1 Like

Can’t put Miami’s savvy on BQ I’m afraid. He could have jumped up and down yelling Stafford is for sale and I doubt Miami would have jumped. The only way to have “possibly” forced a trade, would have been to actually take Tua and hope you can shake Miami down. It does not scream ineptitude to pass on taking such a massive risk. Especially when you are on a win or else edict.

2 Likes

It didn’t have to be Miami. You will never convince me this wasn’t BQs fault. Its literally the same scenario this year and look at the haul.

That guy was a moron.

4 Likes
  1. QB Jacksonville Jaguars
  2. QB New York Jets
  3. QB San Francisco 49ers (from Houston Texans through Miami Dolphins)
  4. ? Atlanta Falcons
  5. ? Cincinnati Bengals
  6. ? Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia Eagles)
  7. Detroit Lions
1 Like

I think it means the Eagles don’t believe Zach Wilson will be there at No. 3 overall.

1 Like

Who does Miami want that they want to be at pick 6?

Yep, reaching for a “franchise QB” is as old as the draft. The talent gap (perceived or not) between Jones and (whoever the next guy is) makes a trade with us to get ahead of Carolina viable. Can anyone really say for sure Carolina (who is about to start Teddy Bridgewater) won’t draft Jones if the top 3 are off the board?

1 Like

Denver, NE, WFT seem like the most likely to want to trade up past Carolina.

Denver would obviously be the most desirable because the Lions would likely get the same player at 9 that they would’ve gotten at 7 if DEN takes a QB.

9 & 71–would give the Lions back to back picks at 71 and 72 near the top of Rd 3.