5 reasons to be Optimistic!

Kurt Badenhausen

@kbadenhausenExclusive from[@sportico(https://twitter.com/Sportico)

on NFL’s internal gate revenue report: Raiders on top at $119M, Lions last at $51M.

1. LV
  2. SF
  3. NE
  4. LAR
  5. NYG
  6. DAL
  7. AZ
  8. CIN
  9. JAX
  10. WASH
  11. DET

Max Meyer

@TheMaxMeyerThe most popular NFL wager by handle in July at@CaesarsSports

has been… Lions OVER 6 wins Additionally, Dan Campbell has drawn the most money overall to win Coach of the Year and D’Andre Swift has drawn the most money overall to lead the NFL in rushing yards.

3 Likes

That one surprises me, considering how many carries J-Will got last year, I still see them splitting carries. Swift in total yards with rushing and receiving combined would be a better bet.

3 Likes

Don’t get Swift either. I see Swift getting more than J Williams, but Williams will get a significant amount . . . just like last year.

2 Likes

I think Swift will get a TON more attempts, as the O moves the ball better. That said, given his health in the past especially, he is going to be splitting carries.

I like the prospect of his yards from scrimmage being amazing, but actual rushing yards may not be as much. Williams gets a lot of those sorts of carries.

2 Likes

Looked it up, last year J-Will had 153 carries and Swift had 151. Swift also had 62 receptions though. So still a bunch of touches. I still think Swift is a RB that could catch 75+ balls, he’s a serious weapon in the passing game, get him in space and look out. Especially with this deep speed we have now at WR, might really open some things up for Swifty.

1 Like

This is what I see too. His carries will be comparable to Wiliams, but with many more pass receptions. Swift will be lethal in the screen game.
We are a matchup nightmare with the speed and versatility of our WRs, RBs, and OL.

You will NOT get pressure without bringing extra guys. If you leave JWill in man coverage, you are gambling big. Just those 2 factors make it hard for a defense. I can see us munching up yards all day underneath against teams.

1 Like

This will sound crazy to say, but this is the most complete the Lions offense has looked going into a season in a long, long time. Stafford had some decent skills players over the years, but the O-line and running attack was never really any good. We never had a balanced attack on offense. Goff has all the weapons and the beef up front protecting him that a QB could only dream of.

Of course, now we gotta stay healthy.

2 Likes

I’d say the over 6 wins has a 90% chance of happening.

Campbell winning coach of the year about 30% chance of happening.

Swift ending up with the most yards rushing about a 1% chance of happening.

In other words, other than the over 6 wins is probably throwing your money away.

I see Swift getting the 55-65% percent share to the 45-35% remainder. That said, I see Williams getting those carries that are between the tackles and between the 20s. Of note, that is based off of my gut feeling and you should certainly be skeptical of that source. :slight_smile:

Not crazy in any way
There’s no way Stafford ever had this complete an offense around him. If the defense can just ensure the games stay close, that offense can shine.

3 Likes

He was also the douchebag that lined his pockets with Den money.

Uh…what did I miss? I must’ve been gone that weekend.

Yeah - i have know idea what this is referencing.???

Old history

Okay well I like history. Been around a long time; remember both of those posters but nothing about this. Refresh an old man’s memory.

Basically crowdnoise always had a favorite song…

2 Likes

I have heard this reference before. From my understanding CrowdNoise ran The Den fantasy football league. Which means he also collected the money. When it was time to pay out the money to the winners at the end of the year, he disappeared with the money and hasn’t been seen since.

Someone can correct me if I have it wrong.

4 Likes

Nope!!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.