5Qs: Christian Mahogany is ‘one of the most competitive players I’ve covered’

3. As a two-time captain, what was Mahogany’s leadership style?

“Mahogany is a no-nonsense type of leader. He’s tough, fearless, and gritty, but he mostly goes about his own business. He leads by example and raises the standard through his work ethic. His teammates see him giving everything he has and have no choice but to follow suit. He’s not a rah-rah guy, but he’ll tell you what you need to hear.”

4. What would you call Mahogany’s “superpower” and what could he stand to improve upon at the NFL level?

“His superpower is his tenacity. He’s a true menace out there and doesn’t take no for an answer. Off the field, he’s mellow and intellectual. On the field, he plays a thousand miles an hour and doesn’t take any plays off. Every NFL player is fiercely competitive, but Mahogany is one of the most competitive players I’ve covered at any level. Nothing comes to mind as far as a specific area to improve, so I’ll go with staying healthy and proving he can match the physicality of massive defensive linemen in the NFL.”

Sounds just like a Dan Campbell guy.

3 Likes

Man, I don’t even mind the 2025 3rd round draft pick we gave up to nab this guy after he fell out of the Top 100 to pick him at 126.

See what I did there? Revisionist history/Jedi Mind Trick so people stop with the whining about the Manu pick. We picked Manu in the 6th round at #210, remember?

Funny article because one of the 4 players is Vaki and 3 of the 4 could have just as easily been Vaki, Wingo, and Mahogany to make it an even easier article to write.

I will at least say this. Had we landed Booker or Kamala with that pick and not traded out, I would have been even happier with this draft. No one would have given us any less “draft points” for that. Now go prove me wrong Brad. I trust you!

will ferrell anchorman GIF

1 Like

Rich Mahogeny…

In my mock drafts I always tried to get Mahogany in the 3rd, he was a player I really liked. It reminded me of when we missed out on Warford in the 2nd but then there he was, in the 3rd for the picking. Well, kudos for grabbing Mahogany and I hope he takes a page from Sun God’s book and makes the league pay for passing on him.

3 Likes

We brought him in to play Fullback.

https://x.com/accnetwork/status/1512825948911112196

1 Like

Anchorman GIF

1 Like

Will Ferrell Scotch GIF by Anchorman Movie

The first time I saw this look in the anchorman it reminded me of Jesse Ventura in the running man.

2 Likes