6 key stats for Lions vs. Seahawks: Missed tackles plague Detroit

1 Like

Not gonna win many games when the QB gets 3.11 sec avg to throw. Wow what happen to the pass rush. This was against back up OTs on both sides.

2 Likes

A huge issue all day. I even went so far to see if there were “missed” holding calls, but aside from the last play in OT, I really didn’t see that much I would find too offensive. Bad day for our pass rush to be sure.

3 Likes

Raheem morris obviously had a better defensive strategy and plan and Aaron Glenn did. Or it was the execution. Or as you’ve said before there was just too much koolaide flowing.

2 Likes

Dan said they didn’t “transition” quick enough. They spent so much time on contain for Mahomes and forgot to change to “get after the quarterback” with Geno.
At least that’s how I took it. That to me is on coaching as well as execution. They forgot how to shed bocks?
I think AG probably thought just as a lot of folks here did, that the Hags would go run heavy and that’s where his emphasis was during the week. They did a good job an stopping the run but neglected pressure and played soft coverage.
Of course all speculation by me, but something smelled bad.

Sounds like the players were coached out of being instinctive. If you’re going to instruct your front seven to contain first why not dial up some pressure packages and blitzes.

AG hung this secondary out to dry. JSN Metcalf and Lockett are a fantastic receiver group. You give a QB like Geno four seconds they are going to be open every snap

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.